What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 7/18/18 9:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Welcome!! This is the best thread with lots of great information -- I was able to get great food options in all stages from everyone here!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 7/18/18 11:38 am

Welcome! It's great to have you here!

cc583
on 7/18/18 2:06 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Welcome!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Kakesie
on 7/18/18 2:10 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Welcome LindyLin! Nice to have you join us!

Just4me7
on 7/18/18 2:16 pm

welcome!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

catwoman7
on 7/18/18 8:23 am, edited 7/18/18 1:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Official "weigh day" today (I weigh myself every day but only record it on Wednesdays). Back down into the safe 140s. Yay! (Actually, it's been in the 140s for at least a couple of days, but my last couple of "official" weights were 150/151 - ugh - and those are the ones that count. At least for me....). I'm going to try to keep it under that dreaded 150 mark!!!

the plumber who came yesterday said our leaky kitchen faucet is beyond repair. We've been thinking about replacing our counters, sink, and faucet for the last couple of years *anyway*, and were probably going to do it sometime within the next year, but I guess we'll be doing it soon... We went to a kitchen store yesterday afternoon to see what they have. I told the guy although I love the look of granite, I don't want to deal with the maintenance that comes along with it. So quartz or Corian (I know Corian is out of style now - everyone does quartz or granite - but we have a Corian countertop in one of our bathrooms and it's great. Zero maintenance. And if it does get scratched, you can sand it out). He said we'd probably be happy with either - but given the weird angles on our counter, the quartz would probably be more expensive and have more seams. Doesn't necessarily knock it out of the running, but something to consider. So we came home armed with some samples. Three of them all look good there, so I can't decide. He's not coming to our house to measure until next week, so we have a lot of time to look at them at least. And then, there's the sink decision. The current sink is ceramic. I was thinking I wanted stainless steel, but our kitchen is super light (various shades of white,cream, and beige), and stainless might look jarring. So then the options are another ceramic (I would do an undermount rather than a drop-in this time), or one of those integrated Corian things, which would be super low maintenance, but not sure about the look - I think an undermounted ceramic looks better - but then, somewhat more maintenance (although not a lot - basically recaulking the crack between the sink and the counter every few years). UGH - I can never make these kinds of decisions!! I wish that guy would just tell me what to order!!

QOTD: I'm in the cafe at my yoga studio (I LOVE hanging out here - the coffee is pricier than some of my other coffee hangouts, but the vibe is wonderful - calm, peaceful, quiet - and it's rarely crowded in here. Occasionally I'm the only one in here - right now there are just a handful of others). On my left are some empty tables. The people who are in here are all behind me or in the solarium to my right...

3 years 1 month out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries

MS: coffee with half & half (forgot my damn Miralax/protein shake - I'll have to have it this afternoon instead - or save it until tomorrow)

L: I really should eat some salad before I ....as usual....have to toss most of the lettuce. And some kind of protein.

AS: Miralax/protein shake?? If not, probably yogurt. My fridge is full of it.

D: pizza made with a cauliflower crust

ex: yes I need to - it's been a couple of days. Maybe I'll go to a yoga class. Or go to the gym and put in 30 minutes on the cross-trainer (pool stuff is out this week since I just had my hair colored - I always wait a few days so I can wa**** a couple of times before I go back to the pool...)

Edited to add a picture of what's on my left! The cafe in my yoga studio..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Julia S.
on 7/18/18 8:47 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I have a stainless steel sink and I hate it. It shows everything and always looks dirty even when it isn't. I would love to replace it with a ceramic one. Have you looked at farm sinks? I'm not sure if I like them or not. I also need to replace my faucet running extremely slow now, and would love to have quartz or granite counter tops. But it's not in the budget for now. Good luck on your remodel.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 7/18/18 9:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

good feedback on stainless! He did say it scratches, but after the first scratch (when a lot of people freak out - like the first dent in your car), most people really don't care. But I kinda care... Plus I do think the color would really clash with the rest of my kitchen.

I like the look of farm sinks, and I know they're super popular right now, but we have an early 1950's ranch and the original kitchen (well, floor and countertops have been replaced since then, obviously - but cabinets are all original). Although I think it would look OK there, it doesn't really fit into the 50s thing. We're not really into retro, but when we've done remodeling projects in the past (we've had two bathrooms plus the family room gutted and remodeled), we try to do things that keep with the integrity of rest of the house - i.e., no super-modern looking bathrooms or stainless steel appliances or anything like that that would "stick out" or look sorta weird considering the rest of the house. Or at least not to those folks who would notice that sort of thing...

Amy Liz
on 7/18/18 11:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I had a house with a farm sink a few years ago and I loved the way it looked and how big is was for some things, but I really missed having 2 sinks! I've had 2 sinks again for years now and I haven't missed that big farm sink once.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 7/18/18 1:19 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

another thing about two sinks - we rarely use our dishwasher because with just the two of us, it would take a week to fill it up. So we hand wash the dishes (unless we have company or something). It's nice to have one sink to wash in - and the other to air dry in...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?