What's on your Saturday Menu RNY'ers?

peachpie
on 8/18/18 5:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hello?? Echo?? InsertFitness must be up Sleeping in.

Happy saturday! My run is done and I'm showered, about to dress and make breakfast. Yesterday we got terrible news at work, that an HR Manager from another department was killed in a murder suicide. She was 37- ugh so damn pointless! My colleagues are devastated. Thankfully the kids were not (physically) harmed.

Qotd: how do you de-stress, mellow out or take 5 from life? Lots of works stuff going on and I'm good about leaving it work and am overall VERY laid back, but I worry I won't recognize when I am a bit high strung over life. So what do you all do?

216.5 today, 3.3 years out

m1 egg, ham, cheese stick

m2: chicken leg/salad

m3: ??

m4: ??

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

karenp8
on 8/18/18 6:01 am - Brighton, IL

Sorry about the sad news at work. There is just so much craziness out there anymore--I don't even watch the news as it's just so sad. Lily and I have our 4 miles in and will do at least 1 more after supper. Accountability was great yesterday with 11,033 steps and no extra bites. Post op 5 years 11.75 months and weight at 119.4 today. QOTD I knit,do puzzles,exercise or go camping to destress. I try not to eat--which is my natural instinct. Heres food for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz taco meat with lettuce and salsa and sour cream-1 c total D 4 oz kielbasa 1/2 c lettuce mix with 1 T ranch dressing S 5 oz cottage cheese with 1 T no sugar added blackberry jam. Have a great day full of smart conscious choices everyone! You really do deserve to be your very best! Coffee time--yes!

Maddymoe2
on 8/18/18 6:08 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Karen,

Your posts always make me smile!

sk8rt
on 8/19/18 1:15 am

Hi Karenp8,

I have a dumb question. How do you prepare your steel cut oats? I am thinking of adding some oats in the future, just because they help things along.

Thank you for any suggestions you have!

cheers,

mathea in NZ

Have fun,

mathea

Height: 180 cm

HW: 131kg SW: 114.4 kg CW: 77.6kg

Maddymoe2
on 8/18/18 6:21 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! Today is going to be a good day! Its cooler and the smoke is better. The fair is in town and there is a parade this morning.

Peach, that is terrible about your co-worker, so sad and senseless.

QOTD- I don't think I let go of stress very well. Lately, there has been a lot! We were served with papers 2 weeks ago that we are being sued. My son was in a car wreck 3 years ago and the lawyers and insurance company cannot seem to settle on an agreement. So, it looks like we are going to court. I am still praying that it is settled in mitigation. It all has been keeping me up at night, overthinking everything. I am just feeling like there is a cloud hanging over me.

I pray a lot when I am stressed. I also sing and remember that this too shall pass.

Food for today-

2 eggs with 1/2 c. cottage cheese

4 oz shredded chicken breast with salsa

chomps

something on the grill, probably halibut, and zucchini

Accountability- yesterday I had a piece of tamale pie. I was only going to eat the meat filling, then before I knew it, I was eating the cornbread topping. I cannot have cornbread in this house!

Have a great day everyone. Be kind to yourself.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/18/18 6:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Cornbread is definitely hard to resist! Sorry for what's going on after the car accident.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 8/18/18 6:23 am, edited 8/17/18 11:24 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin!

Peach - this is pretty much the LAST thing you guys need to be dealing with at work, given the two recent deaths. Wow. I don't even know what to say....other than that is just awful. I'm sure it's a huge shock and devastating to everyone who works there - and her kids - her family - just tragic. I am so sorry.

not much on the agenda today, again, since I'm still healing (I feel LOTS of uncomfortable pulling against the scabs in the mornings - probably because I haven't moved much at night - it feels like the incisions/scabs are shrinking and really pulling on the skin - ouch! And then afternoons/evenings, it's the "swell hell". Lovely. Things are really starting to look good, though!!). We're meeting my mom for coffee in about an hour, then ??? I was getting really bored last night - I don't like feeling trapped in my house. DH is home again tomorrow and can drive me around - and maybe by Monday I can dump the pain killers (only taking 1-2 a day at this point), which means I can drive again...so hopefully not much more of this trapped-in-the-house feeling!

QOTD: yoga is great for this, although any type of exercise helps. The last few months I've also had jigsaw puzzles going on my dining room table. I just go work on one for an hour or so when I start to get stressed. It focuses my brain on something besides whatever is bothering me. Adult coloring books can help for the same reason - makes you focus on something else. Or even getting on my laptop and reading up on something - or spending time on OH - anything to get my mind off whatever is bothering me!

3 years 2 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, homemade blueberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax protein shake

L: pimento cheese and crackers

AS: protein shake

D: corn on the cob and some kind of protein

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/18/18 6:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Peach, that is so sad about your co-worker. What a tragedy for their family and friends.

We are in NH visiting friends. Yesterday afternoon we went out on the boat, had a nice ride, and saw an adult loon preening. There are a lot of loons here which one can generally hear early in the morning but I slept until 7. Justice is loving it here too.

QOTD: De-stressing. I am not sure I'm that good at it but do mostly avoid using food like I used to. I read or watch TV to distract me or take a long walk.

Accountability: Not great but not awful for being away visiting friends.

2 Years, 4.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Out to dinner - having perused the menu, it will be one of the following: crab cake appetizer, chili, or lemon dill salmon

S: Ostrim meat stick or cottage cheese or protein bar?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 8/18/18 7:38 am - Brighton, IL

I don't think any of us are experts at destressing,Liz. I'm certain most of us soothed ourselves with food and that's how we ended up on this journey here together. All we can do is try to hang on and make good choices each and every single day. It's pretty easy when the numbers on the scale are headed down and you feel and look better too--but the real test comes in maintenance,when the praise and comments stop and you get tired. Sometimes I feel like the cartoon where the gentleman has a little red devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. Somedays those bad choices look a lot easier and more fun. Luckily though I stubborn and a rule follower so the best choices are usually made. The struggle is real though!

Amy Liz
on 8/18/18 6:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ Peach - sorry to hear about yet another co-worker of yours. How tragic and sad, what is happening in the world?! We aren't going to see Robs parents today - ugh postponed again until next weekend and I'm no longer holding my breath...but it means I have a day with no plans! What will I do!? I'm sure it will fill up naturally.

QOTD - I write to de-stress, I hack away at the computer writing what ever is on my mind unfiltered until I feel better. Sometimes I write several times a day to get it all out. If I don't write - I sometimes lose sleep like I did earlier this week when I was incredibly busy and stressed and didn't have time to write. I always delete it though, always - that is part 2 of letting it go.

Accountability - great

20+mo post op - 157.2 - better

b coffee x3, yogurt

l-BBQ chicken

d-BBQ chicken

es-yogurt

v/l - on track

e-taking the dogs to the park

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active