16 YRS Post Op with painful spasms in the surgery area. Potential blockage from scar...

NCCindyLu
on 8/23/18 1:47 pm - Lynbrook, NY

Has anyone had this issue? My Endo thinks I might have a blockage from the scar tissue. This has not been my year ! On top of Hypothyriodism and struggling to lose the weight gain from the thyriod issue, now this!!

HELP!!!

momyshaver
on 8/24/18 1:14 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Has your endo suggested any tests to confirm or rule out scar tissue or told you what this could mean or how they might treat scar tissue? (Is the term blockage or/adhesions? What does he think might be blocked?) I have read that each time a person has surgery they can develop new adhesions and they can be painful and vary in severity so I was wondering what your endo has said. Please let us know. I hope you can get some answers and relief from your pain.

NCCindyLu
on 8/24/18 11:46 am - Lynbrook, NY

He thinks it may be what you noted above. Adhesions etc. Or I think it may be an ulcer. I had one years back from taking Alleve. Now because of this 40 plus lb weight gain from hypothyriodism I am taking an RX anti-inflammatory combo nexium pill because my knees are in so much pain from the weight gain.. what a mess!!

I am seeing a bariatric doctor on the 10th. So hopefully they will recommend some tests to find out whats going on.

Thank you very much!!

Imccormick82
on 8/30/18 6:55 pm
RNY on 08/13/18
ilovemyguts
on 8/30/18 6:04 pm
RNY on 08/07/18

Sorry you are experiencing so much at once! If you find out that it isn't scar tissue, you might want to explore Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction, which can come after bariatric surgery. You're far out which makes it unlikely and it's apparently a rare disorder, but it is very painful and occurs when the sphincter spasms. I hope it's not SOD but it's something to keep in the back of your mind. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics