What's on your Thursday menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 9/13/18 12:53 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

That sounds horrible! I hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 9/13/18 1:42 pm

Gee, that sounds miserable! I had a few much milder bouts of dizziness a few years ago, and even that was terribly unpleasant. I really hope this resolves for you, very very quickly.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/18 2:47 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh I'm so sorry, hope it goes away soon!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

cc583
on 9/13/18 3:42 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Feel better quick!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Lunachick
on 9/13/18 10:08 am

Hello all,

For my exercise routine, I like to mix up the cardio. I enjoy walking, biking, swimming, jogging, elliptical, etc. I also really enjoy fitness classes like Body Step, Body Combat, etc. For strength, I typically do fitness classes such as Body Pump, 21 Fix Extreme, etc. I typically do strength 3 days a week and cardio most days.

B1 - Greek Yogurt

B2 - hard boiled egg/ sausage patty

L - 2oz turkey breast/ cucumbers and zuchhini

D - not sure yet, either taco meat or fish if we eat out

S - meat/cheese stick, if needed.

Have a great day - it's almost Friday!!!

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/18 2:50 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I loved body combat but can't find it offered anywhere, just hoping to find a dvd/DVD's of it at some point!

Jen

Lunachick
on 9/13/18 6:27 pm

I LOVE BC! I actually stream it through an Amazon firestick in Les Mills On Demand. It's approximately $100 a year with a ton of workouts to choose from. Sooo worth the money especially since my kids keep us so busy in the evening that I am not able to get to the gym most nights for classes. It's nice to be able to do things on my own schedule. I've got a pretty decent work out room in my house. Maybe BC should be on my agenda for tomorrow. I haven't done it since my restrictions were lifted. ?

Partlypollyanna
on 9/14/18 6:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I will check into this! I have the fire stick and that would be great to access!

Jen

Megdot582
on 9/13/18 11:24 am
RNY on 04/30/18

It is still morning here! Barely... I had a slow start this morning but it got better once I was working out with my trainer. I am definitely going to be sore tomorrow though. Support group is tonight and I think I am going to support, not be supported. My weight isn't moving yet but I understand why and am okay with it for now...

Qotd: I do Yoga and Pilates once a week, Personal training twice a week and cardio at home on the treadmill 5 days/week (is the goal). Training is always a little different but never crazy out there. As I get stronger and movement gets easier I am hoping to also add two more Pilates sessions a week. That has become my favorite thing ever and the trainer is just amazing! She understands my limitations and still pushes my core hard enough that I always feel like I got an amazing workout without hurting myself.

Accountability: A good day yesterday although exercise didn't happen and I aimed for higher calories and got there, and my protein was awesome, but I think I got the calories too high...1200 instead of 1000. Not comfortable that high just yet. Although I only have one month left to get there as my surgeon wants.

Bf: 1 slice Dave's Killer Bread Powerseed thin, 1/2t margarine, 1t sugar free raspberry jam, 1 hard boiled egg

MS: 4 triscuits (I should have had protein first, but I can't eat anything else)

L: 1serving RealGood Pizza

AS: Premier Protein Shake, Babybel cheese

D: 1 cup Leftover chicken taco soup from the Fresh Start Bariatric Cookbook

Goals: 1000 calories, 100g protein, 100oz water, 1 hour personal training, 30 minutes treadmill, all vitamins!

Au_Contraire
on 9/13/18 2:30 pm

Hi everyone, happy Thursday!

Thanks Cassie for starting us out today! I wish you good luck with that potential new position!I

I received my first Sleevey Wonder yesterday! I bought the black 3/4 sleeve version in jersey, as I thought that would fit best with a number of items. I dithered on whether to order it in a size Medium or a size Small, and ended opting for the Small. I thought it would fit for a longer time than the medium would, and hoped it would fit my bust. It definitely fits there probably because my ribcage is relatively small, but it is very very snug around my upper arms. This actually works for me as it has a compression effect, without looking weird on my forearms or making me look like my upper arms are sausages. As I lose more i imagine it will become less binding, and if not, I am okay with it as is. I'm going to get another in navy as well.

QOTD: You all put me to shame! All I do is walk, about an hour or a bit more at least once and sometimes twice a day, and at night I also do a couple of specific exercises which target my arms and my obliques. I like the last exercise a lot because I see results quickly, and it really has helped me to carve myself a smaller waist. I don't intend to exercise more until I hit maintenance, which hopefully should be by the end of the year or thereabouts, give or take a month or so. Then I really would like to take both a beginning yoga class and a beginning Pilates class. I am most interested in strengthening my core and lengthening my muscles, and overall in becoming more flexible. I'm pretty innately flexible - I can easily bend over and put my palms on the floor - but more in that regard, or the protection of that flexibility, is always good. I took a yoga class at the crack of dawn weekdays back when I was in college, and it was pretty great, but haven't progressed with it since then. Still I am just sticking with walking, for now.

First: Three 19-ounce mugs of tea

B: salmon and a little Greek yogurt

L: pot roast

D: shrimp

S: yet more salmon! I'm still at 155.4 #, and hope to see movement down the scale sometime soon. The salmon is so low cal and so high protein, it is definitely my friend when it comes to dieting!shrimp

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy Thursday! Please be safe, all of you who are or will be impacted by the hurricane!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views