What's on your Saturday Menu RNY'ers?

peachpie
on 9/29/18 3:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

hey everyone! Yesterday I had an 8M conference call so didn't have time to post. I'm up waiting for the sun to rise to start my run. The weather is gorgeous- so I'm pretty excited. I have no plans today- I will hopefully do yard work for the last time this season. Figure out dinner and catch up on shows I missed this week.

Qotd: tell us about your ancestry. Any one so DNA ancestry testing? My family (both sides) hail from Jamaica- my siblings and I are first generation Americans. I love my heritage!

213 today, 3.5 years out

m1: egg, turkey sausage and I think I'll make the pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls I have

m2: turkey burger with cheese

m3: ?? Maybe beef stew

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Writergurl08
on 9/29/18 3:48 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning, Peach! I'm up early to feed the fur baby, but I'm heading back to sleep. We just put our fleece sheets on and it's cold and drizzly today, so it's perfect for sleeping in. Might go for a jog when I wake up for real.

qotd: my moms side is mostly Scottish and Irish--my great grandma came from Ireland and still has a beautiful Irish accent and I love listening to her speak. My great grandpa was an immigrant from Scotland. I'm not familiar with my dads family, so no idea what I'm "mixed" with.

Breakfast: coffee w/ HWC

lunch: cottage cheese, tuna creations

dinner: I'll be starting chili in the crock pot today. Perfect day for it!

ill likely have some kind of protein shake at some point today

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

bethmal
on 9/29/18 4:14 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning!

We are getting ready to leave for Ocean City, Maryland for Wine on the Beach. Excited to spend time with good friends.

Saw my doctor yesterday and she said the video is ready. As soon as it is posted I'll try to share it here. She said it is really good. Post op visit went well, still have to wait about 4 weeks to ride my bike.

9 months out - weight 169.5

B: PP shake

The rest of the day is up in the air. I am going to make smart choices and have fun!

Have a great weekend!!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/18 4:25 am
catwoman7
on 9/29/18 5:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Unjury makes a chicken broth flavored protein that I used a lot when I was early out and couldn't tolerate sweet things. They also recently developed a chili-flavored one, which seems bizarre to me - but I guess people must mix it with beans and eat it like chili? Not sure. I just drank the chicken broth one like a regular protein shake - but mixed with warm water instead of cold.

sorry to hear you're still feeling that way - that is puzzling - and disappointing

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/18 3:04 pm
catwoman7
on 9/29/18 5:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

do you think it might be partially lactose intolerance? Some people develop that after RNY. Boy - very puzzling

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

NYMom222
on 9/29/18 7:32 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I remember at about 5 weeks out not being able to stomach protein shakes and I had ongoing nausea. I kept kissing the frogs until I found a prince. For me it was coffee flavored ones. If you buy from GNC or Vitamin shoppe, even online you can get a refund on open containers in 30 days with receipt. I also over-dilute protein shakes do they are less sweet. There are also unflavored protein powders you can mix in food.

I carried peppermint tic tacs with me everywhere. One or two melted in my mouth took the edge off nausea.

You have to get the fluids in. It doesn't have to be plain water. Experiment- whatever it takes. Hot cold, herbal tea whatever.

Good Luck

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/18 1:30 am
Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/29/18 5:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Peach! The sun is out here so even if it is chilly it will be a good day to take a long walk with Justice. Maybe we will go to Woods Hole...

QOTD: Your parents must have that beautiful Jamaican lilt! I love that. I have never done the testing though my DD (adopted) did. As far as I know I am a complete mutt - I believe mostly Irish, Scottish, English and Welsh. I am pretty sure about those, but there could be others...

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? (At friends for dinner)

S: veggies and hummus (bringing to friends)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views