Help!!

Tracy M.
on 11/5/18 10:01 am - KY
I am back on track and have lost about 120 lbs of my regain. I’m curious about the Leto diet. I need to know what it is and what I need to be eating on this diet. I’ve heard good things about it. My nut wants me to eat all these carbs and I know I can’t do that and lose the rest. I want skin removal surgery this time around. I have to be below and 45 BMI before Medicare will pay for it. Help!!! I got about 50 or so lbs to go. I had RNY on 3-22-2011 and initially lost about 290 lbs.

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Grim_Traveller
on 11/5/18 11:03 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Honestly, the only "diet" you should be focused on is a post-WLS diet. Dense protein, low carb, weigh and log your portions. Do that, and you'll do great. Everything else is a distraction.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

obxhatteraslight
on 11/5/18 11:26 am - baldwinsville, NY

I do not understand why ppl ask about special diets we just need to follow the bariatric routine that our doctors/nutritionist provided before or after surgery. There is no magic fix. Wish there was but there is not. Not being mean just pointing out the obvious. Good Luck and congrats on losing the regain

Writergurl08
on 11/5/18 11:55 am
RNY on 02/15/18

My NUT also encourages things like whole-grain toast, crackers, etc. I usually just smile and nod, and continue with advice I've gotten here.

I keep protein over 60g, carbs under 30g (and my carbs are mainly only from dairy and vegetables, not from anything made with flour, sugar, or rice). The fat grams fall where they may. I don't go out of my way to eat a certain amount of fat, but I also don't specifically aim for low-fat anything. Ultimately, I weigh, measure, and track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal, and make sure my calories are around 800-900 calories.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Tracy M.
on 11/5/18 1:33 pm, edited 11/6/18 1:31 am - KY
Thanks. I don't go to my nut at my sergeons office. I have a local one and she isn't really knowledgeable about the bariatric diet. I just need to lose these last 50 lbs and then see a plastic surgeon that will get this skin off. I plan to stay in track this time but I started having issues sleeping and was taking meds that made me eat and I didn't remember it. I've heard that's another side effect of the surgery.

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Rosemi
on 11/5/18 1:40 pm

I've heard that eating while sleeping? might be a side effect of taking ambien?

Tracy M.
on 11/5/18 2:22 pm - KY
I took ambien for over 3 years and that's when I regained the weight. I also took drop for several years and that didn't help either but now I'm going into the big Menopause and they're no longer needed. As soon as it got out of my silystem I started losing again without even trying. I'm just in a stall now I guess.

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

hollykim
on 11/5/18 5:08 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 5, 2018 at 9:33 PM Pacific Time, Tracy M. wrote:
Thanks. I don't go to my but at my sergeins office. I have a local one and she isn't really knowledgeable about the bariatric diet. I just need to lose these last 50 lbs and then see a plastic surgeon that will get this skin off. I plan to stay in track this time but I started having issues sleeping and was taking meds that made me eat and I didn't remember it. I've heard that's another side effect of the surgery.

no , eating while asleep is certainly not a side effect of surgery.

to lose weight, you need to be eating 600-800 cals a day, less than 30 gyms of carbs. Eat meat, chicken,pork,fish, cheese and eggs. Very little non carby vegetables. Drink at least 64 oz of sf liquid a day.

Meat no wraps, oatmeal, protein bars , white flour products, corn products or alcohol or juices.

Tracy M.
on 11/5/18 6:48 pm - KY
I meant that I've been told that severe sleep issues is a side affect or the surgery. Sorry I guess I wasn't clear in that. I know I need to eat more protein but it's so hard how. I'm sick of looking at meat. I used to love it and. Ow I just eat it because I have to. Never thought I'd ever say that. Haha

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/6/18 8:43 am

I never hear that the surgery can negatively affect sleep. I had the opposite. Some people who had sleep apnea got rid of that when they lost weight. I know I sleep better and I want to sleep more. I used to get really sore after sleeping in one position because that put too much pressure on my body. Now I often fall asleep and wake up exactly as I went to sleep. Moving very seldom, and getting better sleep quality.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."