Goal Reached

Laura in Texas
on 3/14/20 2:21 pm

Good for you!! Right now I am 11 years out and 17 pounds above my goal. I know I will get back there because I will never give up. The mental part is the hardest and I work on that every single day.

I wish you the best!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dee_Caprini
on 3/16/20 10:43 am

That may be a question for your surgeon. I was always under the impression that the surgery is RnY (or whatever you revise to)... it will not matter what you had prior. You are now a RNY Patient. Meaning... there will be foods that you will not be able to consume any longer/when you had the sleeve. So in that respect, the head game WILLLLLL BE STRONG because it's what you were used to. So, please start (if you haven't already) seeing a mental health pro who has an understanding of food disorders/bariatric patients. If one is not local to you to see in person, I know several that will do online sessions to accommodate. I am also basing this answer off of other revision friends that I have (Both band-Bypass and VSG-Bypass). The best thing also to remember is that there is no journey that is exactly the same... try your best not to compare your journey to others.

Always go off of the documentation your surgeon/nutritionist provides you with. Not every food will agree with you (initially, I could not eat eggs but now, totally fine) and keep track/log everything along with measuring to allow your doctors to know if you may need to adjust consumption.

Michelle I.
on 3/17/20 8:01 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Thank you for the information. I truly appreciate it. With my date being 4/10/2020 and all the madness going on I am hoping they don't cancel me.

I am enrolled in classes through my primary insurance to help me with the head game side of it. While my family loves and supports me, they don't really understand.

Dee_Caprini
on 3/17/20 9:29 am

... and they won't. It will be up to you to educate them or some may (hopefully) read up on some material themselves. You will learn to be respectfully firm with your responses and if you need to distance yourself from toxic people (family included), feel free to do so.

dcbrown3
on 3/12/20 12:36 pm

I'm a newbie here as well. I have surgery class and a psych eval next month and then will be meeting with the surgeons after to schedule my date. I just signed up today for this group today, but just in a short time browsing over things I know this will be a great resource.

Michelle I.
on 3/14/20 10:38 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

I agree!

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/20 6:33 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It's nice to have a cohort -- people who had or are having surgery about the same time. They have a lot in common, and are going through the same experiences together. That kind of support is significant.

I also found it incredibly helpful to watch those wjjo were several years ahead of me from surgery. The things they had done, and what they had gone through, are the same things that I would eventually experience. A glimpse into the future is very powerful.

I picked a couple of people who had long term success, and watched them closely. It made sense to follow their example, and I'm glad I did.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Michelle I.
on 3/13/20 1:16 pm - VSG-1/6/14, CA

That is great advise! Thank you for the input.

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/13/20 1:08 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

what date is coming up??

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Michelle I.
on 3/13/20 1:15 pm - VSG-1/6/14, CA

It is my surgery date that is coming up....getting closer and closer. I was wondering if anyone has a date for surgery in April.

I am a revision from a sleeve to RNY and would love to get guidance from the pros or share the journey with a newbie.

=)

Most Active
Recent Topics