What's on your menu this Saturday?

Melody P.
on 1/20/24 12:43 am - Amarillo, TX

good mornin y'all! QJB, hope your interview went well!

Yesterday was a little rough. I found out I may not get approval for the ablation. They were unsure if it provided "enough" relief. Wtf ever. I got a lot of relief but geez. The whole enough thing ****** me off. I got about 70% relief and they want 80%. Insurance, including Medicaid, is a joke with this stuff. They are controlling a hot plate to make the chickens dance.

We have to run to the bank that's open today, we may go to Walmart to get a few groceries. I need to get some Mediterranean diet type food to do for now. I had an unexpected bill so I am broke. My mom offered to get some things to do me until Monday when I'll get about 50 bucks from an order from my cousin. I started lyrica last night...it takes a good 6 weeks usually to get the effects. It's kind of making me drowsy but not sleepy obviously as I've been up since 11:50. It's so weird to be so exhausted and unable to sleep. Even with the myriad of stuff I take to help sleep...nada.

QOTD: What is the strangest thing you've ever seen in another person's house?

My now estranged aunt had a room with HUNDREDS of dolls. I had to stay in that room once overnight. So unnerving. Most were porcelain and had big eyes. It was weird and unsettling. I don't miss them or my aunt really at all.

B: egg beater burrito and coffee x2

L: I think I'll set out the stew from the freezer

D: either fish or Greek chicken meatballs with tzatziki from Sam's club.

another of the sunset from earlier this week.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/20/24 2:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and I hope that everything gets sorted out for you. Is there risk/reward that they are trying to balance or just bean counter stuff? Beautiful picture!

QOTD - I was a child in the 70s and I will say EVERY adult from that time frame made very odd decor choices. Raise your hand if you're above a certain age and HAVE NOT been in a house with those weird avocado, rust and gold mushrooms or the Tupperware-ish staples canisters in the same colors.

I have a weird travel day today, trying to match as close as possible my friend's travel schedule tomorrow, so I"ll have an day and evening in Dallas, I'm actually taking my laptop with me to see if I can check in early and then spend the afternoon trying to get caught up on all the work I haven't been able to do the past two weeks with all the travel and meetings. I'll also have it so I can check in 1X daily and do a meeting on monday but I think it's only the one meeting all week.

I will get in some kind of elliptical workout at the hotel this afternoon/evening. I did not get in a workout on Thursday or Friday but did get 10K steps both days which is pretty impressive when you have 8 hours of meetings so I'm not feeling bad about any of that but want to be more disciplined today and tomorrow as I won't have access to any cardio equipment next week -- but there's lots of activity planned that should offset it. I guess I will find out when I hop op the rower on the 29th, lol.

Have a fantastic Saturday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/20/24 5:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Definitely bean counter stuff. The stuff they get meticulous about is just insane.

hope you have a eventless travel day!

lmfontana4
on 1/20/24 11:15 am
RNY on 03/24/21

You sure di travel a lot for work. Must be nice to be home on occasion. 10k steps is impressive if you are sitting in meetings also. I count that as a workout. "They" say that the steps can be cumulative and not all at once to reap the benefits.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 1/21/24 5:56 am - Warren, OH

I had all kinds of kokopelli, cautus, cow skulls and other southwestern wall hangings and loved it

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 1/20/24 4:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Goals for the weekend are continuing with clearing out MIL's apartment and finishing a book for my book discussion group on Monday - so the same as the last few days.

Food has been great the last few days - probably because we're usually busy over at MIL's. Boredom is my biggest enemy, and we're really busy over there. I'll have to find other things to keep me occupied once this project is over - otherwise, I'm likely to hit the fridge (multiple times) when I'm home and not preoccupied with something.

Classes start this week. I'm taking an online class from the Milwaukee campus - something like "Cultural History of the 20th Century", and an in-person British History class on the Madison campus. It's supposed to be warmer this week (yay - finally!), but a chance of freezing rain Monday and Tuesday - which will be terrible if so since I'll have to walk to class from the bus stop (and from my house to the bus stop on this end). We'll see how bad it is - I might have to skip the first day, unfortunately. Freezing rain is worse than snow.

QOTD: probably lots of things, but the one that came immediately to mind was all the animal heads (skeletons) at my 3rd cousin's house in Sweden. He's really into hunting. All those animal heads really creeped me out. Not my idea of decor, either. Yuck.

coffee with half & half

crumpet with butter and jam, Greek yogurt or skyr

hummus with either baby carrots or 10 multigrain tortilla chips

protein muffin

maybe a salad with Thai-style dressing and crispy lentils

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 1/20/24 5:09 am - Amarillo, TX

There is a huge restaurant here called the big Texan and its walls are full of taxidermy. Snakes to a cow....all the inbetween. It's so gross. I'm ok with hunting when you use or eat what you hunt. It's not for me at all and I don't see The point of decorating with carcasses. Most hunters who hunt just to kill and don't do anything with it...just gross and scary.

catwoman7
on 1/20/24 6:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I agree! Plus dead animal heads hanging up in a restaurant - I'm not sure I could eat anything if I could see them while eating. Which would be the case at the restaurant you mentioned, it sounds like. It'd be impossible to avoid seeing them. Ugh.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 1/20/24 11:17 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I am curious on how the insurance determines 70% pain relief. Is this something you reported? 70% pain relief must feel wonderful compared to what you were experiencing.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 159 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views