What's your plan for this Sunday?

Melody P.
on 1/21/24 1:33 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Hoping the weekend is treating you well :o)

My brother and his family are coming over today. They'll pick up pizza. We can't afford to order the element to the oven until Wednesday so we can't cook much. We might run to Walmart but I doubt it. I'm going to make a tuna salad for dinner that doesn't require mayo(ewww). We'll see if I like it or not. The "dressing" sounds good so we'll see. I even got better tuna for it.

The week ahead is going to be full. My mom and me all together have an appointment every day. I did have Monday off for a while at least lol. Now I have an appointment with my peer support friend. I'm starting off tired so it'll be a long eek indeed. I'm most looking forward to my PCP because I need to figure some **** out, it seems that every time I eat a single carb or any at all I have what I think is like a hot flash. Something isn't right and I hope her agrees to refer me to an endocrinologist.

I do need to wash my bedding today sometime too. The weather is supposed to be fairly nice this week...even have a chance of rain with nights mostly in the 50's.

QOTD: when school picture day came around were you excited or bothered?

I loathed picture day. With body dysmorphia issues it's just about the worse. I don't have a single picture in the year books from my high school, not even for orchestra my freshman year. I think the last yearly photos I was in maybe was 6th or 7th grade. I hated it. I see a monster in my photos.

This photo was before I plumped up. You can kind of tell I was gaining weight then.

food will be a slice of pizza for lunch, tuna salad for dinner. Oh and eggs for breakfast. A few cups of coffee and cucumber for snacks thrown in there somewhere.

have a great Sunday everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/21/24 2:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Sunday! Sounds like a busy week, it seems you and your peer support person have really connected, that must be a huge help.

the hotel I am at had some kind of convention yesterday and everywhere I went there were random groups of men singing old timey songs like Sweet Adeline. People were ignoring it to the point that at one point I wondered if I was just hallucinating the whole thing. Everywhere I went! The bar, the lobby, waiting for the elevator. I have a bit more sympathy for the random people that were blizzarded in to the hotel where we were having comic con years ago. I just hope my face last night wasn't as "WTF" as their's were. I like to think I have a bit of a poker face although most people would say I do not, lol.

qotd - I don't know. I can't imagine it was something I looked forward to because I don't look forward it now but I don't dwell on things that make me unhappy - and my childhood was tough so I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it.

I am crossing my fingers are flying today, they have a bunch of weather alerts but it looks like I am ahead of them all. Travel gods, if you smile on me, I won't bother you again for a whole week!!

have a good one, everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/21/24 5:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I wonder if it was a barbershop quartet conference? I know Sweet Adelines has conferences like that...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 1/21/24 6:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes, it was the annual worldwide barbershop quartet convention.

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/21/24 6:59 am - Amarillo, TX

That would have made me blow a gasket. Not my most favorite type of thing to hear a lot of.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/21/24 7:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I found it odd but amusing, definitely nothing that upset me. One of the quartets was on my shuttle to the terminal and they did a rendition of the Oscar Mayer song, lol

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/21/24 5:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

we'll wait to go back to MIL's until around noon today, because my niece and her boyfriend are coming over around 6:00 to look through her kitchen stuff before we haul it off to the thrift store. If we go earlier than that, we're going to be pretty burned out by the time they get there. Besides, it'll give me the morning to (hopefully) finish this book I have to read for my book group tomorrow. Other than that, it's back to my PT exercises starting today. I've slacked off on them because we're doing so much pushing and pulling and picking things up over at MIL's that I figured my arms were getting plenty of exercise, but it appears it's the wrong kind - they have been killing me the last couple of days. This achy upper arm/shoulder thing, as you might recall, started up after I got back from Scandinavia in July. It appears this might be a permanent "feature" that I'll have to continually work on to keep it under control. Maybe it's just an aging thing. Whatever it is, ugh.

QOTD: I hated having school pictures taken when I was in elementary school because back in the 1960s, they used these really strong flash bulbs that really hurt my eyes. My mother always picked on me for being "afraid" to have my picture taken, and she still tries to embarrass me, even though I am now in my 60s, by telling her friends in front of me that I was "afraid" of cameras. It had nothing to do with being "afraid" of cameras and everything to do with the flash bulbs they used to use. They've gotten much, much better since then - so they haven't bothered my eyes in decades (I did try to avoid cameras when I was SMO, but that was because of my weight, not the flashbulbs - doesn't bother me at all anymore to have my picture taken now that the weight's gone).

food has been terrific for several days now, and that's almost certainly because we've been so busy. That seems to be the key with me. As long as I'm busy, I'm not likely to mindlessly snack...

coffee with half & half

1/2 C protein oatmeal topped with 1/2 C plain skyr and 2 T cranberry sauce

protein shake

hummus with baby carrots or 10 multigrain tortilla chips

air-popped popcorn and/or Ratio yogurt

dinner is a mystery again- esp since we'll be over at MIL's then. She has some rice and pasta kinds of boxed mixes (like with cheese and broccoli, or whatever - that you add water to and heat up), but we may be better off picking something up. Or maybe I can find something here that we can take over there

anyway, have a good day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 146 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views