What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/23/24 2:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Argh, I have no idea why but I can't upload pics to OH anymore. This morning I spent way too long and tried on Safari, Chrome, and from my phone. It starts the upload but won't finish loading the pic, and then it's just a question mark in the photo box. I even switched to my hotspot in case it was a wifi issue. I have no idea. This happened last week too, but it worked yesterday? No idea.

That feels right for the mood I was in yesterday. The morning interview went well and they want me back but, because of scheduling, they can't see me for a 2nd interview until next Monday. The timing is just stressful and it had me feeling discombobulated and cranky all day. I am going to try to snap out of it today.

Grim has an errand to do up in NH today so we're going to head up there and maybe try to crash some of the diners on primary day and get on CNN or FOX. I have some things to say if anyone will listen, lol.

QOTD: Do you still use paper calendars or organizers? I just bought myself a paper calendar/organizer. I felt a little overwhelmed by cookie classes, cookie orders, and interviews and thought it would help to try to see it written down, but it turns out that it didn't really help at all.

I didn't eat what was on my menu yesterday because Grim was kind enough to make me steak for dinner and who am I to say no to steak? And I don't really have a plan for today, either because I don't know what our trip to NH will be like. I already started with my yummy fit frappe mocha mixed in with my hot coffee, but then it's all TBD from there.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/23/24 3:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all! QJB, so sorry you were in a grumpy mood. Those days never feel good. I would contact OH support. I had a bit of an issue with that and deleted all of my old photos on here and haven't had an issue since. But I'd check with them to make sure, they are very helpful!

I have an appointment with my psychiatric NP today. Last time he said he wanted to reduce the amount of meds I take so we'll see which one he wants to toy with. I'm not the biggest fan of this guy but it is what it is. He talks fast and is dismissive of my concerns. There could be huge improvements but right now I am trying to keep even keeled. I'd rather be where I'm at than in the trenches.

I'm exhausted right now but can't sleep. My blood sugar did better yesterday. So I am thankful for that. I am set with meat and fish for a while. I do wish I could afford some nice salmon but will when I get paid on the 1st. It'll be my splurge for my birthday month in February. This year the Super Bowl is on my birthday...yay? lol

oh yay! I just read that they approved the next block! That's great news! My mom offered to give me the money to pay for some light sedation...I'm thinking i'll take her up on it. With all the scaring I have back there it hurt badly just to have the deadening shots.

QOTD: I have one but I rarely use it. I should use it a lot more though. I do use my iPad a lot to mark appointments when I think too. I tend to lose things like papers that have the appointment date on it. I should do better considering how many things I've got going.

B: eggs, cheese, 5 crackers(I ate these before I really woke up...I had forgotten I was trying not to eat this kind of thing) and coffee x 2

L: tuna salad(which is the first time I used olive oil instead of mayo or miracle whip...of which I dislike greatly) it was soooo good! I improvised on the recipe a bit and added more lemon peel and juice with a bit more pepper.

D: I'm thinking chicken with a piece of cheese.

S: 3 oz 90% beef and some cilantro lime sauce

meme and a few other pics. The star is in brass. I'm wanting to patina it but I must refrain as my boss doesn't like that look LOL. Of course Mona Lisa...goodness I love that dog.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/23/24 4:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! qJB, I hope you make the TV, I would even put on fox to see you (but then I would turn it off, lol).

our kayak/snorkle sunset cruise was cancelled so we did a few hours by the pool and then a sunset wind and wine cruise instead. The sunset was a wash because so overcast but the cruise was great, we saw some dolphins and a lot of pterodactyls. It was a fun day. Today we have an architecture and history walking tour and then the festival shows start tonight.

im going to channel my inner Sheila this week since planning meals will be hard and just recap yesterday.

6.6 miles walked

3 coffee with half and half

fried green tomato eggs Benedict (they sub the tomatoes for the meat and it's so good)

Handful of salt and pepper pistachios

2.5 glasses of wine (the cruise had us sample 8 and then you had one glass of the one you liked best)

1/2 cheeseburger and about 5 of the best fries I have ever had.

have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 1/23/24 4:55 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Tell me about the Pterodactlys!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 1/23/24 10:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Recent science says that dinosaurs (or some of them) might have been antecedents of birds. I think pelicans are just pterodactyls in disguise and a not very good disguise, lol

Jen

Mkess
on 1/23/24 7:52 am
VSG on 08/09/21

The pool sounds like a great alternative to a cancelled snowing/kayaking. What's your favorite part of the cruise so far?

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 1/23/24 10:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm not cruising, just staying in Key West! I am loving how the temps don't involve a negative number, the wind kept the two big cruise ships away today, and I really liked the sail last night and the rum distillery tour on Sunday. We have 5 nights of music ahead which will be great!

Jen

Greateight
on 1/23/24 5:07 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I continue to be intellectually manhandled by this new train fare system.Yesterday, I realized that I had slipped back into using my $13.50 ten ride passes instead of the $10 day passes that I should be using. This after I allowed three $10 day passes to expire unused because I didn't realize they were only valid for a week. Fortunately, once we get to February, all options pretty much cost the same (except the monthly pass, which I don't use enough to justify).

For those keeping score at home, the well played gambit would have been to utilize 10 day passes at a savings of $3.50 each. Instead I have parlayed this into, at best, using 5 day one passes for a savings of $17.50, less three passes expired unused at a cost of $30. Basically, I would have been better off if I hadn't even tried to play this game. How the mighty have fallen.

The raids look really slick, I don't know if its ice or freezing rain, or sleet or what, but in any case, I plan on staying in the house until later on when it warms a bit. Then Crossfit and work from home.

We watched the first half of Pale Rider, which is another Agatha Christie interpretation. We liked it While I suspect marilyn watched the conclusion after i went to bed, I will catch up tonight.

QOTD: Yes, I use my date book every day. i only use the calendar on my phone for hands free call joining.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 1/23/24 5:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

first day of spring semester, and they're calling for 1-3" of snow plus freezing rain. Great. This is why I much prefer online classes in the spring - two months of unpredictable weather. My one class (British History since 1688) isn't until 4:00, so I'll see how the roads and sidewalks are by then. I can always bus over to avoid driving, but still, it's a couple of blocks from my house to the bus stop (only about a block from the bus stop to my building on campus - but they're usually pretty good about shoveling and salting the sidewalks over there - but unfortunately, not so much in my neighborhood). I live in fear of slippery sidewalks. So..we'll see. My second class is, fortunately, online.

I've done super well with eating this past week - being really busy over at MIL's apartment helps a lot. I'll be home for the next three days, so I need to do something to keep myself busy since that seems to be the trick. I'm looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow morning, although I know at my current weight, losses are more likely to show up in ounces rather than pounds. Disappointing but...a loss is a loss. At least I feel about a thousand times better.

QOTD: yes. For the last three or four years I've bought a large (maybe 11"x8"?) planner from Aldi's (they come out in late December, though, unfortunately - because I usually start setting up doctor and dentist appointments for the following year in late summer). I love it because it's big enough to write in multiple appts plus notes and to-do lists. I also have to have a pocket-size one for my purse, since the Aldi's one is too big to lug around (which means I have to synchronize the two, which is a bit of a pain). I don't like electronic ones since sometimes there are glitches, and also, I hate doing internet-y things on my phone, since it's too small. I guess I'm just an old fogey when it comes to calendars!

coffee with half & half

might try making sourdough protein waffles, since I'm now the owner of a barely-used full-size waffle maker, which was MIL's. If so, I'll top mine (I'll just have one) with skyr and fruit - and maybe SF syrup.

protein shake, if needed

hot and sour soup if I'm motivated enough to make it - otherwise, maybe a Jimmy Dean D'Light egg white/turkey sausage/English muffin breakfast sandwich

air-popped popcorn (?)

Ratio yogurt

Might have another 1/2 Beyond Burger for dinner. Had one last night and it was great!

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 1/23/24 7:23 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You should get a pair of YakTracks. They slip on most boots and shoes very easily and you don't have to worry about ice. They work great.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 165 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views