What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Dcgirl
on 1/24/24 8:11 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! Yep I had to check if it's still morning, it is. I'm at a super cool industrial warehouse Airbnb in Philadelphia. It's got super high ceilings and tons of windows and crazy wall art. I feel inspired to paint when I get home.
Qotd: time travel! DH watches the old and the reboot of Quantum Leap so we talk about time travel a lot in our house. It would be SO creepy to know people's thoughts! Disturbing!

I'm glad you and Grim had a nice outing. Minus the politicians. There are going to be fewer and fewer normal people who want to get into politics for the right reason. It's a thankless job in many cases. I'm so grateful to those good humans who go into civil service.

It's sort of bunk for me to even post here today since meals are truly in the air. I will have some leftover chicken and cheese calzone shortly. And I guess we will order in for dinner. It's cold and dreary, I'm in the mood for soup. But we have a 13 year old to consider, with a much more limited palate. So we shall see! This is a girl who likes cheese fries, mac and cheese, and Taco Bell. Eek.

Queen JB
on 1/24/24 9:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We decided that next year we are going to polish Grim up and put him in a suit with suspenders and have him walk into the diner, make masochistic comments to the waitresses, and let everyone assume he is one of the many VIP ******** Hey, maybe we'll get a free coffee out of it.

Also, it sounds like I have the palate of a 13 year old girl? Leah and I can order in the good stuff, while you and the grown ups eat soup.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 1/24/24 9:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I watched the reboot of Quantum Leap until just very recently. I wanted to like it more than I did, so I just bailed. There's too much to watch.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 1/24/24 3:16 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

DD - girl aged 13 - loves the reboot. She says it features a more inclusive cast.

DH - man aged 45 - prefers the first one!

Emiepie
on 1/24/24 9:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I'm back from the long weekend and Disneyland trip. Even with the rain all day it was a fun day/trip. Today is back to work and catch up day.

QOTD: Time travel

TSS: 9 years 5 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Good Spoon cereal, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Seasoned grilled chicken breast, net zero tortillas, cauliflower rice, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1387 Protein:116 Carbs:128 Fat:49

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/25/24 1:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Glad the tripe was fun!

Mel

lmfontana4
on 1/24/24 10:24 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Wednesday to You-

My back is still giving me some issues, so I am taking the week off from yoga and lifting weights. However, I am walking every day since that does seem to help. I went to the chiropractor this morning. Mostly for the extra treatments like TENS, heat, the roller bed, and stretching machine. I came home and took some ibuprofen since this seemed to exacerbate the issue. Hopefully the back will get less tight throughout the day. Ibuprofen is one benefit of having the RNY reversed. I will also do some stretching at home today. I need to make more of the protein PB Chocolate chip cookies and muffins today. They are any easy snack (I am supposed to avoid protein bars, protein drinks, and sugared bars like granola bars). Otherwise, it is work from home. Same diet per usual with getting in about 2500 calories rich in refined carbohydrates. I try to get at least 100 grams of protein. Walking for exercise.

QOTD: Probably time travel. It is interesting over Christmas we had a discussion about if we would like to be young again (17 yo was the age since that is my dtrs age). My dad and I said we would be interested in being that age again but with knowing what we know now.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 1/24/24 2:13 pm - Amarillo, TX

I tried to reply this morning to your reply about the ablations now my internet is letting me.

the blocks only last 6 hours tops. The ablation will hopefully be on February 15th. They did finally approve the second test block!

I hope your back issue eases and soon!

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics