What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/24/24 2:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hmm, I still haven't quite solved my photo upload problem--yesterday I deleted 99% of my photos and today I tried again to upload memes with no luck. But it did let me upload this photo from our trip to the NH diner scene yesterday. Weird, right? I also noticed that I can no longer resize photos, so maybe there is something related to the file size. But it's weird that it's only me having the problem. Oh well, if this is the worst problem I am having in my life, I am doing just fine ;)

Yesterday we took our drive up to NH. We went to one of the more famous diners that is always on the news and where schmoozing politicians like to meet the "every man". We got there after the morning news so no one was there except for some unknown-to-us local smarmy politicians who were clearly there to be seen. Other than that, we ran our errand, stopped into a few cute shops, and raced home to beat the snow.

QOTD: Would you rather have the ability to time travel or read minds? There are definitely some times that I would like to read minds, but I'm sure I don't want to know what most people are thinking, so I will pick time travel :)

Yesterday was not a stellar day for being a WLS patient, but it sure was yummy.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • pepperoni & green pepper & cheese (leftover pizza toppings)
  • chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 1/24/24 3:25 am
RNY on 08/21/12
Morning gang. It was nice to go on a little outing yesterday. It was our first in a while. It really was incredible that we could spot the politicians from a mile away. They actually did make my skin crawl a little. You'd think they would want to seem more like actual human beings, instead of pod people. QOTD: Definitely time travel. I could always go back and tell my younger self what everyone is thinking.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 1/24/24 3:36 am - Amarillo, TX

My grandpa was once honored at a local Veterans Day event. The mayor was so slimy and just yuck. She laid it on so thick it was gross. You could see the fake million miles away. My grandpa served in N.Africa and Italy so she came up to him and told him that she'd been to Italy so they had something in common. Big eye roll.

Queen JB
on 1/24/24 4:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Mel, tell us more about where he served! We're thinking about a family trip to Tunisia this fall to see where Grim's uncle died in battle.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/24/24 5:18 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm pretty sure he served in Tunisia as well. He was in the 757 Tank Battalion. He didn't talk about Africa a whole lot as he hated the land and sand. He often told us that he and his fellow soldiers had to sleep with their helmets on N.Africans hated the Germans so much that they killed them when they saw them. They felt of the helmets while they slept and if you had a German helmet or none they would kill you. It's quite sobering.

while in Italy he confiscated a camera from a POW. We have a ton of photos of him in the war and some really neat color photos he took. Towards the end of the war he went to a Baltic country that is escaping my brain to help squelch an uprising of a dictator. Goodness my brain is mush. He basically went up through Sicily and up the western side of Italy up in to the alps. He was being prepared for transferring to the Asian theater when the war ended.

here is a note he wrote home from N.Africa. If it shows up to small to read I could email it.

Melody P.
on 1/24/24 3:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all! QJB, this site is buggy lately. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Yesterday was so so. I really don't like my psychiatric NP. I told him I wanted to leave things as is for now. He said absolutely not as he lost his **** when he saw I had been on Tylenol 4s and the new insulins. So he lowered the dosage on two meds. Once of which I am not happy about. Of course at some point I did my shut down thing...lovely. After trying to fight it I just gave up. None of my medical professionals listen. At all. Later in the day I felt like a truck had hit me. I also broke my moms recliner due to my back. It's still usable and all but while getting up my back gave out and I fell into the chair oddly. Ugh I should really use a cane.

My mom has her echocardiogram today at noon. Tomorrow she sees the cardiologist. We need to go to the grocery store and Sam's. I've been up since 9:30 so it's going to be a long day. I may try once again to lay down for a bit after posting.

QOTD: hmmm time travel if I could be invisible to the events. Just a witness. I really don't want to know what everyone is thinking or feeling.

I'm trying to cut back on snacking. If I do snack it has to be protein.

B: eggs, cheese, cilantro lime sauce and coffee...maybe x 2

L: salad with avocado cilantro yogurt salad dressing. Maybe with chicken

D: ???? Thinking salmon but really not sure.

S: nuts , cheese and maybe 3 ozs of 90% beef

lmfontana4
on 1/24/24 10:01 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Mel- beautiful pictures. What is the status of your ablation? It sounds like you are having more pain again (your back gave out when getting up?), or am I assuming that?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 1/24/24 4:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have another film discussion group this morning. This afternoon I'm going over to meet someone who lives around the corner and a few houses down because she'd posted on our neighborhood FB page that she's looking for a cat sitter for when they go away in late February, so I volunteered. I don't really mind. They have one cat, and she said it'd only involve a once-a-day visit - and no mention of meds, so that's good. I'm also going to bake some bread, make some hot & sour soup, and do some reading for my two classes.

I decided to start up a wine-tasting group. I've had this idea in my head for a few weeks, but I can't really host anything here because we have four cats (so people with cat allergies would be miserable here), and it would also involve deep cleaning (which I haven't done since the pandemic started), and I can't really get to that until we're done at MIL's. But a friend said she actually made a decision recently that she was going to start hosting occasional social events at her house, and my idea would be perfect for this. So...ta da! We're now a team - and the wine tasting is born! We've already had ten people join. We may try to hold it at that since some of them will bring spouses and partners. We even had the partner of one volunteer to run the tastings - he's a wine fanatic and really excited about this idea. I'm so glad for all this enthusiasm!

QOTD: definitely time travel. I'd be afraid to know what people are thinking!

B: single protein waffle with plain skyr and cranberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: I'll take a protein shake to the meeting. And have more coffee

L: no clue. Maybe L&F creme brûlée and a piece of spelt/einkorn bread with whipped butter

AS: Ratio yogurt with raspberries, air-popped popcorn if I get snacky

D: hot & sour soup

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 1/24/24 5:40 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and add some Flava to your Humpty Day,

I can't believe how many steps I did yesterday and am still standing. I took 23k+ steps and my previous high was 11k set a couple days ago. My body isn't happy with me but it held up. I call that a big WLS win.

Rain are present but so are 70 degree temperatures. I see fun in my future.

QOTD- I would rather time travel. I don't think I want to know the majority of what people are thinking.

B: crawfish and tasso omelette topped with crawfish gravy, buttery grits.

L: Oyster Happy Hour

D: Crappy boom boom shrimp at the Smoothie Center Pelicans game. I don't know what felt worst, wasting calories or money.

The adventure of life continues.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Amy Liz
on 1/24/24 7:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

23k!! That's amazing, Matt! Huge WLS win!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics