Happy Saturday! What's your plan?

Melody P.
on 1/27/24 1:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Hoping your weekend is off to a great start.

My doctors appointment went ok. We're going to wait to see what my A1c does in late March and it it is the same or higher he'll refer me to an endocrinologist. He said they are hard to get into anymore, some have 6+ month waits. I think he said there are only 2-3 here who take Medicaid. I wasn't very happy with it but I just need to work my ass off...literally. I need to eat better. I've stopped snacking so much but I need to not be lazy about cooking. We should be getting a new element for the oven in a week or so. I know what I need to do now I just need to do it. No one else can do it for me(I don't expect them to in the first place...) so I have no excuses. My weight is too high.

My mom bought two bags of chips yesterday and I counted out a serving and that's all I had. I'm not the biggest chip person but when you know you shouldn't have something it makes it 1000% more attractive lol. I wish she wouldn't buy this **** but it's on me to not have it.

No big plans for today that I know of. I need to get to work on making a few bracelets and a few pairs of earrings. I've been dragging my heels this past week on chainmaille.

QOTD: what movie that's based on the book do you think was done justice? How about the worst adaptation too that you've seen?

it's funny...it's all Tolkien for me. I love the extended version of the Lord of the Rings but really don't like the hobbit adaptation. They took a relatively short book and made three movies off it. Then they made the drawves(my brain knows I spelled it wrong but it's gassy today) look nothing like Gimli in LOtR. They were way to pretty. The extended version of LOtR is a nerds dream come true. They are not for everyone but I sure love them and need to watch them again soon. Guess I'm a purist for Tolkien.

B: eggs, cheese, yogurt dressing and 4 crackers. Coffee x 2

L: I think I'll do soup that's up in the freezer

D: I'll actually thaw out the salmon fillet and eat that. I may also cook the carrots too.

good day everyone!

Queen JB
on 1/27/24 5:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! I'm excited to share that I got a call back for the job I want. I'm meeting with the Sr VP on Monday and hopefully that's just the last stamp of approval. Eee!

I think my plan for today is shopping with mom. She's going to come down my way for Costco and IKEA.

QOTD: Princess Bride is the best adaptation I can think of, and I'm still so bitter about the adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time which was a phenomenal book and a terrible movie.

No idea about food because I don't have a timeline for the day yet.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/27/24 5:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Awesome news QJB! So happy to hear that!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/27/24 5:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Exciting news! Have a good day with all the stores and your mom

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/27/24 7:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that's wonderful news!! Fingers crossed for Monday!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 1/27/24 7:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15
catwoman7
on 1/27/24 7:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15
lmfontana4
on 1/28/24 5:49 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Yay! Congrats on the job. Keep us updated.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/27/24 5:52 am, edited 1/26/24 9:52 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Mel, it?s a shame your doctor didn?t give you the referral so you could at least get on the list of waits are that long and then you could cancel if not needed after March. Good luck with your plans to change - you?ve been successful before, you can do it again! But this **** is hard, always.

yesterday was a good day, finally got our snorkeling and kayaking in, plus 6.6 miles walking, a poolside concert by a new to me artist and 4 of the 5 acts last night were excellent. Two of the bands have a cover of one of my favorite songs so I was very curious if they would both do them, but the band that I think has a good but not great cover let the group that is phenomenal at it play it. (check out Hurricane by Band of Heathens and by Shane Smith and the Saints and tell me who you think is better).

today is going to be the hottest day since we?ve been here and im glad the weather worked out this way. We didn?t see any of the daytime shoes that were interesting and are ok with missing the first two of the night at the amphitheater so it?s a bit music lite day. There?s a few things I want to pick up around town and then there?s a great Argentine steakhouse we love and alway**** once on tap for tonight. Packing and getting ready to head out in the morning for my friend and afternoon for me. All things end!

qotd - they did a good job with the first two Harry Potter. I can't list all the ones they screwed up but I'll just generally say most NF books have not been treated well by Hollywood. I am a huge geek and love the LOTR movies and am not a fan of the books, loved the hobbit book and the cartoon from the late 70s early 80s and while I enjoyed all the pretty in the hobbit movies, they are not a favorite.

yesterday

Cuban American coffee with half and half

egg, cheese and bacon on Cuban breaD

chicken strips

canteen black cherry vodka club soda

6.3 miles, plus 45 minutes kayaking and 45 minutes snorkeling but I use a pool noodles so only about half of that is swimming

have a great Saturday everyone

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/27/24 7:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Sorry you have to wait to be referred to an endo, especially with the limited availability and further wait to get an appt. Please take care of yourself with what you do have control over. I need to heed those words as well. I have control over my food at the moment, but exercise is another story. I have no barriers to working out except lack of desire to put in the effort 95% of the time. I need to figure this out. I want to be strong and preserve all the muscle I can and of course keep my weight off/down. I don't want to regret not taking better care of my body when I had the chance. Today we are walking the dogs, shopping, cleaning, organizing and relaxing.

QOTD - I spent a few decades not reading at all so I am not well equipped to answer. Most movies I've seen that I read the book were terrible in comparison. The only ones coming to mind right now are good example as all but VC Andrews. I love them all, scandalous books and the horrible campy movies. I do get excited when a book I've read has plans for a future movie - it's the possibilities that are exciting, but I am always a critic.

Accountability - Taco Friday turned into Tequila-taco Friday with 2 delicious margaritas. 187.6 today.

B - coffee x 4, eggbeater veggie scramble

l - tom/cucumber/pepper/onion w/cottage cheese and red wine vinegar

d - breakfast burrito

s - jerky, brie bite

836/82

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics