Happy Saturday! What's on your menu?

Melody P.
on 2/3/24 4:24 am - Amarillo, TX

good mornin y'all! I hope your weekend if off to a good start.

Nothing much planned here today. It's been a difficult night for me. So I'd love it if it remains a do nothing weekend. I will work on a bit of chainmaille but that's about all that's planned.

QOTD: what book do you wish could or would be made into a movie(a good one at that lol)"

mine would be Tolkien's Similarion. A well done one (or three) would be fantastic.

B: a cookie and an egg. Coffee x 2

L: ???

D: ????

Partlypollyanna
on 2/3/24 6:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope you get your relaxing weekend, Melody.

QOTD - I never wish for a book to be made into a movie. They will generally do it but I never wish for it. Having said that I do have tickets for the next Dune movie and I am excited to see what they do with it!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/3/24 6:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme made me gag and I love cheese. These kinds of food images and massive portion sizes in general make it harder for people to be satisfied with normal size portions, never mind small portions or reduced calories for our WOE. I have no clue what happened to all the rain we were supposed to get. We had nothing yesterday and barely anything the day before. It's supposed to start late afternoon but I'll believe it when I see it. Today we are taking the dogs to the park then I am going to clean out my closets and switch some things around. There will be another pile of clothes to pass on and old favorite pieces to bring back. It's also time for new smaller undies and bras cuz I'm swimming in these so I'll get those ordered. Otherwise, a relaxing day and maybe I'll get some True Detective in today. I'm listening to an audiobook narrated by a British woman right now. So many I listen to are and whenever I listen, I start thinking with a British accent and over enunciating words in my head - anyone else do that?

QOTD -Speaking of audiobooks narrated by British women - right now, Midnight Library stands out. It's unforgettable and I think about it all the time. Done well, it could be amazing on the big screen. I believe it's time to read it again.

Accountability - Many extra bites yesterday. Nothing off the charts but definitely worth mentioning to stop that calorie creep nonsense. No exercise at all yesterday unless you count running my mind or mouth, I was a recliner spud. 186.5 today.

b- coffee x 2, cottage cheese, tomatoes

l - buffalo chicken w/celery and pickles

D- TJ's roast sirloin roast (1st time), mashed potatoes and gravy

s- brie bite and a Finn crisp cracker

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Lisa91941
on 2/3/24 7:11 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I always do that, matey!

Lisa91941
on 2/3/24 7:19 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. The sun looks gorgeous out my window. Blindingly bright. Deceptive though. It's only 47 out there. We have more rain coming so I'll take all the sun we can get to try and dry a few things out.

My party last night was great fun. I overdid it on wine. Partially because I was trying to be extra cautious about making good food choices. This is a bad habit of mine. I'll not eat right, trying to not overindulge, and then I've got an empty belly and a glass or three of wine. I need to pay attention to this situation and make myself eat more at these kind of events. I am a better judge of how much I drink when my belly is fueled properly. Extra carbs from foods are better then the extra carbs and sugar from wine. I'm nearly 62 and this many days old when I started making the connections on some of these things.

QoTD: The Screenwriters never check with me before creating the screenplay. So my brain will insist that someone is, for instance, short and brunette and they cast a tall blonde. And that ruins the movie for me. I've already created these fleshed out characters in my mind of how everyone should look and sound. Hence the reason I don't want my beloved books to be a movie. I usually will only see a book to movie if I have not read the book.

foods today feel like

B: 1 TJ hash brown with a fried egg on it

L: more leftover smoked brisket. It taste fantastic, but it's getting dried out, so maybe I'll mix it in with some cottage cheese.

D: Jen's hot chicken, cauli rice and edamame.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 2/3/24 7:40 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I totally agree, food carbs are better than wine carbs. Plus, I eat more when I drink so double whammy of carbs on carbs! Jen's hot chicken, yum! I need to make that.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Julia S.
on 2/3/24 12:22 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I pretty much hate seeing any book made into a movie. I too imagine the characters one way and the movie totally ruins it for me.

Slow day today, I did make it to the nature park yesterday I did 1.2 miles. I'd like to do more but my back and legs were killing me, so I'm taking it easy. I don't remember if I mentioned but I took several falls and my back was spasming, so I'm going slow.

Mel I don't know how you can handle the pain.

I need to find something to do, I'm looking out at a beautiful day. So far all I've manage to do is finish the book I was reading. I think I read it before. Into the Woods by Tana French it was really good. I still would like to know what happened to the 2 kids from 1984 that disappeared, but no answers were forthcoming.

My weight stubbornly stays the same. I guess I shouldn't expect miracles in 2 weeks, but at least part of a pound? Really? This is day 15 of no wine...

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 53 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views