Let's get this Monday started, menu friends!

Melody P.
on 2/20/24 12:28 am - Amarillo, TX

I need to find a yogurt I really like, L&F is good so I should probably stick to that...maybe add some frozen berries when I can. I find those sweeteners you mention also make me feel unwell. A lot of food have been causing a hot flash type response for me. It's really quite odd. I'll have to look at the sf jellies and get some lower carb bread. Right now we are kind of broke since the plumbing bill(long story I'll elaborate on in todays post). I have to eat a little something with my pain med at night(3am) and sometimes I go a little overboard. It's boredom eating since I feel so alone at night. I do much better during the day.

I also should get some bacon...because bacon is always good!

Mel

Emiepie
on 2/19/24 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Let's start this new week off great. I don't have today off but usually the drive to/from is better since so many people have it off. I had a good weekend, John had to prep Saturday for his trip to Phoenix this week and he hit the road at 4am yesterday. I spent the majority of yesterday at work but not working. Emily's BF was getting a car and that involved his mom and step dad coming from Los Angeles. All went well and he got his car. Then we all went to dinner last night. It was a good dinner and I got to get to know the BF's family a *****is sister and her BF also joined us).

QOTD: I usually just wish the weekend was a bit longer but I do like routine.

TSS: 9 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Shredded chicken breast, zero carb tortillas, cauliflower rice, guacamole, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1467 Protein:115 Carbs:136 Fat:55

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 5:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh fun that you are getting to meet the BF's family/extended family.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 2/19/24 6:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It was a good day. I had met the mom briefly at the Disneyland entrance but it was great to really get to spend some time with her yesterday.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/19/24 6:04 am, edited 2/18/24 10:06 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Happy Monday, All!

well the IT issue today is that the "Like" button seems to have disappeared. Just wanted you guys to know I've read the preceding posts, I just can't acknowledge it.

we had a great weekend. The cousin crew spent Saturday afternoon in Frankfort, IL, meeting up with a "new" cousin that my 4th cousin Eric discovered somehow. She was very nice. We were able to figure out how we were all related and spent some time identifying people in other people's photos - she also had a list of people who were at her grandfather's (or great grandfather's) funeral - names she didn't know but one or two of the others recognized right away. It's always fun to solve these puzzles! Afterward DH and I drove to Lockport, IL to find the house my great aunt and uncle once lived in. Found it! We also stopped at Ikea en route to our hotel (it was basically a block away from the hotel - great location!). We planned to spend yesterday in Evanston (our favorite Chicago suburb) but we ended up just driving through it because we wanted to go to a bakery on the north side of Chicago. The owner was interviewed on some TV show Greg had on in the hotel that morning, so we decided to go check it out. We shared a scone there and picked up a loaf of bread - then walked around the area. Came home via Milwaukee - stopped in Racine en route to tour the Johnson Wax Co buildings, that were designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The administration building, especially, was beautiful. No photos allowed, but there are lots of them online.

today we have a meeting with MIL's tax accountant. I think it's more of an introductory thing, but I have a couple of burning questions to ask her. I'm also going to go to water aerobics for the first time this month. We've been so busy at MIL's that I haven't gone - but we're probably at least 95% done with her apt at this point, so my life should be pretty much back to normal now. Fabulous!

QOTD: I used to hate Mondays, but now that I'm retired, it no longer matters.

I blew it this weekend with food and feeling it, so I'm going to be really careful this week. I'm even going to skip a potluck that's scheduled for Saturday. I need to get back in line badly, so I'm pushing any "eating event" off until I'm back with the program.

UPDATE: Just noticed the "Like" button is now back!!

coffee with half & half

Ratio yogurt with berries

protein shake

not sure about lunch.

another Ratio yogurt

1/2 a veggie burger

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 7:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I do notice that it takes a bit of

time when I'm on the screen for the like to be there, and it's never there if I'm doing recent posts first. Both have always been that way for me though

Jen

lmfontana4
on 2/19/24 8:22 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

It is fun finding new relatives. Last weekend we were discussing a family name and how it came to be. The name is Anzarina. The first to be named was my FIL's older sister then DHs sister. It is DDs middle name. There are several others in the family with the name. There is multiple stories on the name.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 2/19/24 6:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Jen and Meneurs,

Last day of work and I head out on vacation. Yippee. I was able to use your line on my boss this morning Jen. When I got in the office the thermostat did not kick back on so that it was ready for work, and it was 65° in here. I am lucky I have a small office and a space heater. It was 20° when I walked the dog this morning and boss said it was too cold to walk and I let him know there is no bad weather just bad wardrobe choices.

Weekend was very low key. I did nothing just the stuff I had too. We did get some wings out on Saturday and yesterday we had a brisket dinner for our anniversary dinner. It was super good.

QOTD: Mondays are good. Sometimes after a weekend I do miss being with Ron and the dog but other than that I do enjoy getting the week started.

Accountability. I ate 1/2 blueberry muffin and 1/2 cream puff for our anniversary.

TSS: 6 years 2-months 8-days 163 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: homemade egg bites, berries.

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Chili and L&F tiramisu Greek yogurt

D: Cube steak and cauliflower

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 7:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Sounds like a good weekend! I love that you used that line, I stole it from the Iceland guide when I was there

Jen

Emiepie
on 2/19/24 6:26 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay! Safe travels.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 54 replies · 212 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 508 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 580 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 305 views
Recent Topics