Let's get this Monday started, menu friends!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 4:33 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Handy infographic in case you have a succumbed. I did, but my annual supply is in the freezer and will be doled out sparingly.

i am hoping QJB is enjoying a last Monday lie-in and not doing something like a Monday morning trial just in case. I mean, that would be be but hopefully not on the final Monday before rejoining the m-f rat race!

qotd - do you love or dread Mondays? When they go sideways, they really go sideways but I enjoy them. When I was a kid I was always happy to get out of the house and back to school and I think that positivity stuck with me. When we deal shared, I was always happy to take Monday as an in office day, I think it gives the week a good structured start.

Spoiler free reviews (because I know there have been spoilers posted here) - I enjoyed the finale of True Detective Night Country and I think the season worked. On my flight yesterday I watched the newest Spiderverse movie (A), anatomy of a fall (c), the ABCs book banning (A+) and The Beekeeper (D but enjoyabley violent and bad, if that is your jam, it's good. It's no John Wick though)

light workout today - my Fitbit told me yesterday to take a rest day but I had to get my 10k in and I did two stretching sessions, one before the flights one after. It told me to take a rest day today but I did 15 on the recumbent bike and some light weights just for the movement.

menu today

coffee plus half and halfx2

eggs, bacon toast

I have some cheese sticks, nuts and a protein bar for options, not sure if our company cafe is open on Mondays - I think it's still only Tuesday to Thursday to align with our biggest on site days

dinner out with colleagues, I have settled on either the French dip or the margarita pizza.
have a great Monday everyone?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 2/19/24 5:04 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I have a one day work week this one, but I am fairly busy for my one day. Lots of calls and meetings. I have something which is due Friday and I would really like to get it done before I leave tomorrow. Theoretically, I will be on a 4 1/2 hour flight and will have my laptop and it would be a perfect time to bang it out. But, in reality, I don't think that I have ever worked on a plane like that. I will sleep, read and have a a chardonnay. And if I don't finish my work before I leave probably have to do it on vacation.

Our plans for San Diego seem to be really firming up. I don't think that we will go hungry.

This weekend went pretty fast. A couple of trips to the gym, got packed for California and worked on this thing that is due Friday. We watched the end of True Detective Season 4. We also watched the last five episodes of Season 2. I actually didn't think that season 2 was as bad as people said. I just don't think that anything was going to compare to Season 1, so people were bound to be disappointed.

QOTD: When I had more clients, I used to treasure the part of the weekend from Friday night until I checked my messages around 12:00 on Saturday afternoon. Now, that I am in my twilight its a little different. I don't usually go in on Monday with a big backload, so it's not as difficult. I know that sounds inconsistent with the first part of my post.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Catered

Dinner: chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 5:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My rule for working in the plane is if I'm traveling during business hours, I will but if it's weekend or evening I usually don't.

Jen

Emiepie
on 2/19/24 5:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sending all the positive work vibes so you can enjoy your vacation time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 2/19/24 4:21 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I think each season of true detective is good. Yes maybe some better than others but all watchable and enjoyable. Dark and filled with mysticism. Have you noticed tenet all have some almost supernatural elements?

have fun in CA.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 2/19/24 5:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Jen thanks for getting us started!

We're hoping the plumbers can get us going today. It's about killed me having to clean up Saturday. I can barely walk. If they get us going ok I'll be cleaning tomorrow and maybe tonight. The thing that got us is we couldn't smell due to the flu making our noses stuffy. Gooooood lord. It's embarrassing but I'm past pride. We were able to shower at my aunts yesterday. I'm fixing to get dressed because we don't know when they'll show up today. Ugh. I like to know somewhat what's going to happen. Set a time and be on time. BUT I am so thankful for plumbers.

with the plumbing issue hopefully done today we'll likely just stay home. My SIL is supposed to come over with the kids. My niece Rachel is kind of fighting with their group of friends...all over a book they're writing and illustrating. I hope she makes up with them as she is acting really depressed. I miss seeing the kids. Since my mom's heart health stuff happened they don't have us watch them as much. Rachel really looks up to me so I have to keep going for her and my family. They aren't perfect but I won't do to them what my father tried to do. Anyways if the plumber gets it done they are going to help us go through some stuff in the basement.

I'm out of breakfast and lunch ideas. I eat eggs a lot but only because I don't have to think with them. Today I had boneless chicken wings and a hard boiled egg. I think I'm going to do some protein shakes until I get bored with them. I was somewhat disappointed in the Carmel popcorn PP shake. It doesn't taste bad by any means but it's just kind of blah. I think I'll doctor it up a bit with my one on one flavorings(they are sugar and sweetener free so they add no nutritional value. Wish I had known about them preop).

sorry to dribble on and on.

QOTD: depends on what I have planned for the day really. Most of the time it doesn't bother me at all. Since I don't have a regular schedule it's hard to like or dislike certain days.

B: 3 boneless wings, 1 egg and coffee...maybe times two

L: ????

D: also very unknown.

cute kitten photo alert. Boy have these two grown. 9 years ago!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 5:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Being a tween to teen girl is hard. Hope your niece works it all out with her friends and hope you plumbing situation gets resolved!

Jen

Melody P.
on 2/19/24 5:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Dang it was hard. To top all of that she is a late starter for TOM so she is just now dealing with that too.

thanks! I'm sure they'll figure out the plumbing. I'm just hoping we don't have to replace the main stack. We'll have to take out a small loan to fix it.

Emiepie
on 2/19/24 5:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, plumbing problems aren't fun at all! I hope you are a me to get things fixed soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 2/19/24 7:55 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

My go to for breakfast is triple zero Greek yogurt, slice of toast with bacon on it. I also make these really good protein pancakes that taste like the real deal. 4 small pancakes are 1/2 of a serving. I use peanut butter in them since I can't have sugared stuff and most of the sf syrups have sweeteners with a laxative effect (think sweeteners ending in ol). I did find a sf jelly from smuckers that is tasty. I remake a weeks worth since they store well and reheat without desire texture or flavor. Here is the recipe:

Look at this... ð?'?
https://pin.it/76iQg0n5w

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 137 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views