Let's get this Monday started, menu friends!

lmfontana4
on 2/19/24 8:24 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy anniversary!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 2/19/24 6:50 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hear you on the spoilers, they suck. I was on FB this morning and started to read something about the final episode and stopped. I then immediately watched so I could stop thinking about it. I just finished - I liked it, yes it worked. I'm so happy about this day off. The house is clean, laundry done, Rob is working so I virtually have the house to myself. I need to go to Costco today to check out the glasses. My prescription is missing the a measurement that I need for the online ordering. My eye drs office wants to charge me $35 for it and that really irritated me - it should have been part of the exam. They also commented about lab quality and to be aware - you get what you pay for... That made me think they leave the measurement off on purpose. I've been with the same office for over 30 years and with all the online options, they must be feeling it, but still - bad business. Anyway, Costco has some styles I like so we'll see.

QOTD - I love Mondays for structure, they set me up for success - I love my routine. I also love a Monday off though and will enjoy it very much today!

Accountability - Ugh, a couple of girl scout cookies - okay, 4 are not going to make me gain 6 pounds overnight, but that is what the scale said 190.2 today. I gave it a good cleaning yesterday and I must have messed with the settings - it was way too early to figure out - I needed coffee. I'm still a bit PO'd.

My menu was planned, but I'm not feeling it now.

B- coffee, TBD

l - TBD

d - Roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy

s - TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 7:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Here they told me they were not able to give it out...but they left my chart out so I could write it down. Apparently it's because I was at a LensCrafters and the people that fit your glasses are not medical professionals and the doctor doesn't include it on the script because it's cosmetic not part of the script. I interpreted that as a money grab as well, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/19/24 7:46 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Seems important to me! I want the lens to line up right especially with progressives. I assume Costco will do it. I do not want to crawl back to my eye dr now - I feel like they will say 'we knew you'd be back', lol.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Julia S.
on 2/19/24 8:04 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

My BFF is an optician and she says there is no difference between Costco frames and lenses except the price. Their labs are just as good. I've bought my glasses at Costco for a long time. They even now take VSP.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 2/19/24 9:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

is it the PD? They never give you that at the optometrist's office. There are several thingies on line that you can use to read yours - I did it on three or four of them to make sure the assessments were consistent (you have to turn on your computer's camera and they have you do a couple of things in order to get your measurement). Although I read if it's only off by a point or two between the tests, it doesn't make a difference - a point or two is not significant.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 2/19/24 9:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

quality isn't that different. I read an article about this once. There's a wholesale company that sells frames to optometrists' offices that bought up a bunch of other frame companies a few years ago, so they now have a monopoly on eyeglass frames. And yes - they price gouge. Big time. Frames that used to cost $100 or less now cost hundreds. It probably costs them $5 or $10 to make the frame. Even if they sold them for $50, they'd make a nice profit (and that's what they used to do). But no - at my optometrist's office, even $300 is a cheap frame now - some of them are much more than that. And that's just the frame. Someone is making a truckload of $$ on those..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 2/19/24 12:08 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Your so right about the eye dr. But damn if they think I am paying $500 for one pair of glasses again. I can get 5 pair for that online and if 1 breaks I still have 4 more. I think the measurement they leave out is the Dist PD but every eye glass online store shows you how to get that number on your own. It's just the size of the bridge of your nose you can ask them to send you a measure also.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 2/19/24 5:31 pm - Warren, OH

Glasses have always had a high markup. Even when I was small a $5 frame could cost $50 depending on where you went.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 2/19/24 7:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I played hooky from HIIT class today. I have a doctor's appt and x rays on my ankles this morning. So I am owning that I am using that as an excuse. I must say, after forcing a week of more gentle exercising, I'm in less leg pain, so I think I might be on to something. I met my goal last week of minutes exercising, so I'm working to maintain the right balance while I figure this out.

We had a great weekend. Saw Chicago the play. Not our first time, but this was very well done. But I spent half the show whispering to Roger "oh my god. Look at those abs!!!" And that was about the women. Afterwards we tried for one of our go to Italian places, but they were full, so we went next door and tried Persian for the first time. It was delicious and ridiculous amounts of food. I'll be having that for a few days and probably still freezing rice in individual serving sizes to round out dinners for Roger going forward. Oh, and I really think this implant thing is working. Yay.

My week is SO busy, it's going to fly by. Very excited by all the stuff going on. Jim and Marilyn arrive tomorrow and let the party begin. I better carve out plenty of walking and yoga time, because we have lined up great restaurants for meal after meal. As Jim said, nobody will be going hungry. Today includes picking up vitamins and a quick trip to Target as well. I don't have to worry about packing until Thursday -- so I've got time to watch the weather report. It's changing by the hour it seems.

QoTD: Not to sound obnoxious, but as Roger says Everyday is a Monday, or a Tuesday, or a Friday these days. Though I have always liked Mondays. I'm a big fan of structure and routine, so Monday mornings have were always like a reset and shake it off kind of thing.

Menu

I'm not real sure. There is lots of stuff to use up and my goal is to make good calls and weigh/measure my food. Everything in moderation for this week.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?