What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/23/24 2:04 am, edited 2/23/24 3:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! It's my last Friday off, ever. I am very excited to get back to work on Monday but also a little nervous about everything. These next three days need to be about wrapping up every last little thing, and hopefully cramming in a little fun, too.

Just to wrap up the phone drama, first of all, let's clarify that I am NOT responsible for the major nationwide cell phone outage yesterday. If Verizon was the one mostly affected, you could have looked my way, but I got no beef with the others, lol. And second, I decided to buy a refurbished phone from Apple and it's supposed to get here tomorrow. Not the color I wanted, but I no longer care. It still requires a call to Verizon to activate it, but I am hoping and praying the drama is over. I know I should find a new carrier, but my accounts are all intertwined with my parents (I pay the bills) and it would be so hard to switch everyone.

I got nothin for photo Friday. I have taken no less than 1 billion pics of my Easter class cookies this week, and that's about it.

QOTD: What headphones do you like? I really dislike earbuds of any kind, and only use them for zoom calls. When I am listening to books or music, I use Beats. I love how comfortable they are :)

• protein coffee
  • eggwich
  • balanced break
  • burrito
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/23/24 2:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Hoping all is well with everyone.

Not a lot going on today. We have to run back to Walmart for prescriptions because their system was down due to the outage and couldn't take coupons.

I did end up cleaning on the bathroom downstairs. Now I just need to steam mop. It's not the best cleaning job ever but it's what my legs and back allowed. I am paying the price today.

I've got to get my head back into chainmaille. I plan to do it today. Lately I just can't get enough sleep. No matter how much I get it feels like I should be getting more, even though it hurts to sleep more. My body DGAF.the pain has been winning the battle of the wills the past week. It just not been pretty. March 1st can't get here fast enough. I know it won't help my legs so there is no expectation for that.

QOTD: I rarely use them. I haven't in at least 5 months or so. I have a nice pair that I can't remember the name of off the top of my head. I got them at the thrift store. I also have a pair of AirPods that I won a few Christmases ago here on OH. Sadly they don't fit in my ear properly so I need to get some silicone things to attach them to,

Food...???? For the most part. I had way too much damn popcorn yesterday. Thankfully it's gone. My blood sugar numbers are doing a lot better. Fasting in the 80's to 100. Due to the popcorn yesterday it was 120 this morning(head slap).

B: 2 eggs, cheese, 4 saltines and coffee x2

L: Salad with sunflower seeds, cheese and light dressing...maybe some chicken

D: if I remember to set it out salmon and veggies.

my pics are the kittens taken with my new phone day before yesterday. And a meme

Grim_Traveller
on 2/23/24 4:25 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all. We've got one more cold day, in the teens, before it gets into the 50s next week. Daylight Saving starts two weeks from Sunday. Its starting to feel like spring.

I was appalled at the fallout from the cell phone outage yesterday. One thing all the news stations mentioned was that 911 service was out if cell service was down. The State Police had to go on the news in the afternoon, begging people to stop calling 911, just to see if it was working. "If you can call a friend, your 911 will work. Please don't call unless you have an actual emergency."

People amaze me.

QOTD: I can't wear ear buds -- they never stay in my ears. I also got frustrated with having to connect and reconnect headphones with various devices. So I ended up with headphones for just my cell, just my tablet, and just the TV. I had a pair of Bose that sounded great, but they broke very easily. I have a couple of Soundcore that are great. And I use 3M Worktunes in the shop and yard. They block out loud machinery and other noises, and let me play books and music through Bluetooth.

This guy redefines "catlike."

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 2/23/24 7:23 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The ups one is too funny.
When my kids were little I had a sign by the door that said "if you wake them you take them"; I had trained the delivery people not to ring the bell.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 2/23/24 9:59 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Our cats go bananas when the doorbell rings. They're like cartoon cats, with their legs running in midair without them moving.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 2/23/24 5:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I think this might be the last day over at MIL's apartment (I hope...). I'd planned to spend all afternoon over there yesterday, but it turns out we had to open an account at the probate office, so we were there for hours. I think I mentioned that her CPA said it would be easier if we opened an "estate checking account" so we could have access to her $$ (finally), and we could close her existing bank accounts. We called our credit union, and the guy said to open an estate checking account, DH had to have some kind of super status - just being named the executor on the will wouldn't work. He said we had to go to the probate office to get this authorization. So we did. The probate office said to get this status, we had to open a probate account. We told them her estate didn't have to go through probate, and we explained the situation and he said he wouldn't even bother with it, it'd be more of a hassle to go through all that to get some stupid checking account open. But then DH mentioned that we had a check that was made out to "the Estate of blah blah blah". He said in that case, then yes, we'd need an estate account to deposit it - or this super status to ca**** GRRR. So we opened a probate account. For a $200 check. So now we have to go through all this rigamarole - publishing a notice in the newspaper three times saying that she died (so creditors can contact us to get any money she owes - but she doesn't have any creditors) and wait four months to see if anyone replies. And we have to do an inventory of any of her property that is subject to probate - which is a $200 check - and pay some fees (we've already had to pay $6 just to get the gazillion forms we had to fill out to open a probate account). This has just gotten insane - it's never ending. I'm really glad DH and I opened a trust a few years ago, because hopefully it'll spare whoever deals with our estate a lot of headaches (oh - and we finally worked everything out with the auto insurance company. On January 4 we called them to say we were transferring her car title over to us, and had them add her car to our existing policy. The woman did that, and then transferred us over to another department so we could cancel her existing policy, since she no longer had the car (and on top of that, she's dead). A few days later we got a bill for the insurance, with her car listed on it, and we paid it. Then about a week ago, we got another bill - addressed to her - saying she owed $300 for her six-month auto insurance. ARRRGGGH. She no longer owns this car. And she is DEAD. We told these clowns this six weeks ago. DH already called them about this oversight when we got that erroneous bill last week - and he called again last night and was able to get ahold of someone who actually seemed to have a clue. So I think this situation, at least, is cleared up now.

anyway, sorry to rant, but this whole situation has been a huge hassle. Just save your heirs a lot of headaches and don't die. That is my advice.

QOTD: Other than those crappy ones you get on planes, I haven't used any kind of headphones in forever.

I don't know what the food situation will be today since we'll be going to open that stupid checking account this morning - and I hope this is uneventful. Then I'll be heading over to MIL's for I don't know how long - a few hours, anyway, But at least we're at the end. If we don't finish over there today, it'll definitely be sometime over the weekend. Hurray!!

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with half a ataulfo mango

not sure what else. I have some protein bars over at MIL's and will take a protein shake over there, too. Don't know what's up for dinner. If we're done with the apartment, maybe we'll go out somewhere to celebrate.

anyway, have a good day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 2/23/24 5:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hear you on the switch and ultimately staying with Verizon. The lesser of two evils. I can't believe you start your job on Monday! Where does the time go? It's been a busy yet very pleasant week at work and that feels pretty great. Today is a shorty w/a pedi and some errands this afternoon. Home to TCB and get ready for a fun weekend with some very dear peeps - can't wait!

QOTD - I have the Air Pods Pro - they work really well for me. I use them everyday at work and home too. The regular Apple Air Pod ear buds hurt my ears - who came up with that design? Or do I just have funky shaped ears?

Accountability - I had a few frustration chocolates and a what a day glass of wine. 185.2 this morning. Went to sync my weight to the app and it had banners flying saying yay - you're 163! You've reached your goal! WTF? My smart scale is dumb.

B- coffee x 4, eggbeaters and cheddar

l - buffalo chicken and pickles

d- Ibberia tacos

920/93

Have a wonderful weekend!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 2/23/24 5:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Fri-yay! Wow, this month has gone fast and I can't believe you start Monday, I can't wait to hear all about it. I slept so much yesterday and am still trying to fight these allergies. John got home from Phoenix last night, he had a good trip but I'm glad he's home. I've got plans to meet up with some of the OH group tomorrow for a few hours and can't wait!

QOTD: I have a pair of buds I use for my workouts (I think the brand is jlab?) and AirPods for other times (for zoom and some calls) but usually end up using speaker for most calls.

TSS: 9 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: yogurt and toast

E: still resting

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/23/24 3:51 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

is it Jim and Lisa?

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/23/24 6:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope it's not your last friday off ever, vacations should definitely be a thing!

I had weird sleep last night, slept a few hours, awake for more hours, actually got up to make coffee at 120 and then decided to take half a Tylenol PM, fell back asleep around 230, woke up with my alarm at 6 and feel rested. Very odd...but yay for feeling rested after all that!

I did get to the grocery store yesterday after work and then I caught up on the Daily Show, I was two episodes behind on Jon Stewart's return.

Today is an easy work day, only 5 meetings, all done by 10 so I have some hours to get actual work done, then I have my trainer at 430. I might get an elliptical session in before I go see her, it will depend on when I can wrap up for the week. I am shooting for 2 but we will see. Tomorrow, I have a middle of the day massage so my goal is to have everything done before I head there and then chill the rest of the day. Sunday is snowshoe and fondue so will be busy and fun, although I think my friends that said no to the vertical snowshoe and yes to the fondue may be the smarter ones. I also need to drop off my ballot for the primary. Oh, and book discussion group is Tuesday night so I should start the book, it's a mystery thriller so should be easy to knock out.

QOTD - Purple Beats ear buds, I also have an emergency set of earbuds that I keep in my work bag just in case I need them. They are fine but not noise cancelling. Having made it to the airport a time or two without any type of headphones, they are a life saver.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X 3

coffee skyr

turkey and cheese on pretzel slider

pepperoni, cheese and crackers

My pictures today are from out and about on my day in Amsterdam last weekend. I was really sad not to have my real camera, I have been "testing" just using my phone camera and while it's a very fine one, I can do so much more with my real camera so will go back to carrying that around.

If Teenie or I lived in Amsterdam, this would be our bike.

Walking back to the train station after the canal cruise

the house of the red doors

pretty flower

the bike ride took us past the Amsterdam zoo and I noticed this guy hanging out, probably thinking about snacks while he watched all the people

my gingerbread when I stopped to ge****er and coffee at the musuemplein, the cake was delicious, the glaze was just sweet so I only had a bite of it and then just ate the bottom half.

random canal scene

have a great friday and weekend!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics