What's your plans for this Saturday?

Melody P.
on 3/9/24 1:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Change that to a yellow jacket and that is 100% accurate! I can't stand the insects that like to hover around your face AND bite.

Good mornin y'all! Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend ahead!

Not much happening here so yay! I'm trying to be more positive about things and not focus on the bad. Sometimes I spiral and don't see the path so clearly. It doesn't help that the psychiatric NP keeps jerking with my medications. I do apologize for sharing the dark cloud dropping rain on me.

I'm going to sit down and work out a basic menu for the week ahead. My weight is the highest it's been in years. While insulin helped I did it all on my own. I think a plan would help. My goal is to get my A1c down to below 6.5% and to lose 20 pounds in a few months. I'm not sure when my next bloodwork will be done so I might get an at home test or use a pharmacy. Once this ablation bull **** wares off I hope to start to ride my recline bike some. We'll see about that one. Walking can be really rough for me lately.

It's spring break here next week so we'll be having the kids stay the night at least once each, it seems too early for it, spring break, but what do I know.

QOTD: What's your go to easy meal? Doesn't have to be any certain meal but one you use a lot.

I'm going with eggs. Usually hard boiled eggs but Sam's was out Thursday. I know I could make my own but it's awfully convenient to buy a 12 pack of two per package already cooked eggs. I put some cilantro lime or garlic sauce, some cheese and eat them with 4 crackers...one per half.

B: the last of the boiled eggs :o( this time with the last of the turkey sausage and the usual others

L: cabbage with ham and onions...maybe some shredded cheese

D: sooooo not sure hence the need for a menu going ahead.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/9/24 3:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

What do you mean ablation bs? I know you were really upset when you thought you weren't going to be able to get it so sad that it seems to be bs after all that. Meal planning and prep always helps me stay on track.

QOTD - deli lunch meat with a slice of cheese, microwaved until the cheese is melty and then sometimes some spicy pickles on top. It's super easy and high protein. I have low blood pressure so I don't worry about how sodium packed lunch meat can be.

I need to run to the grocery store both for things for the week and to figure out what to make for the Oscar party tomorrow. Outside of that, I've got a workout this morning, meeting my bestie for lunch and I have to go by the UPS store and the Fedex kinkos because I had packages held at both this week while I was gone. But before all that I'm drinking coffee and watching Regime.

have a wonderful saturday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 3/9/24 4:22 am - Amarillo, TX

I was being a little sarcastic I guess. I know it'll be worth it in the end I just didn't know it'd hurt as much as it has. I've had no pain relief as of yet. I also didn't know it'd hurt where it's hurting. It's made my sides hurt and my legs hurt a lot,

Partlypollyanna
on 3/9/24 6:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm sorry they didn't prepare you for that! Hopefully, it's short lived and the long term benefit will be worth it!

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/9/24 5:57 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Regime - I will never forget that name again, haha! It's on my list today as well. I also have low blood pressure. Do you crave salt? I do all the time.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 3/9/24 6:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't usually but every once in a while. But with all my work travel, I eat out a lot and we all know that restaurant food has a lot of salt so that could offset it a bit.

Jen

Queen JB
on 3/9/24 4:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! Not sure what my plan is today. My cousin's kid has a lacrosse game nearby and I was planning to go watch, but it's cold and windy and Grim can't come, so I am less than enthusiastic. I think I might wait and catch him at a spring game. I have lots of cookie related things to work on anyway.

QOTD: Veggie burgers! 1.5 minutes in the microwave and you get a relatively low cal, high protein, filling meal. They are also pretty cheap! My favorites are the Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean burgers and also their Original & Buffalo Chicken burgers. Aldi has quinoa ones that I also really love but I don't go to Aldi very often.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • rotisserie chicken & avocado
  • balanced break
  • bean & salsa quesadilla
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Amy Liz
on 3/9/24 5:46 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love the spicy black bean burgers. My son went through a vegetarian phase in high school and those were my fav!

Amy Liz
on 3/9/24 5:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Having a menu plan and sticking to it is the only thing that has helped me lose weight. Even then, when I loosen up the plan or switch things around too much I stall. If I drink wine too often or don't plan food at all, I gain. The plan is every thing for me. Mel - your menu yesterday was well planned and looked great. If you keep doing that and you will get there. I got ALLLLL the things done yesterday, I love checking off my to do list. Today is park to walk the dogs, TJ's, deep clean kitchen and catch up on my shows. Tonight is an early dinner with Rob's boss - she is passing through our town on her way to SF so we are taking her to the Italian place we love.

Accountability - Dinner ended up being a 96/4 hamburger on the grill on a keto bun, dressed like a big mac. I had a couple glasses of wine and ate less than half the burger before full-stop stuffed. I LOVE pretzels - always have. It's obviously the salt, I'm a savory girl. So - I found ultra thin salty pretzel sticks at Walmart -ultra thin salty pretzel sticks and I wish I never saw them - 94 sticks per 110 cal serving, I thought it would take a while to eat 94 sticks (one at a time), but it's not - gone in less than 2 minutes. 184.4 today.

b- coffee, eggbeaters scramble

l - ham and cheese on keto bread w/let/tom/pickle

d- eggplant pasta dish, but no pasta, maybe bread, probably wine.

Have a fabulous day!!!!

catwoman7
on 3/9/24 5:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we have a lot to pack into this weekend - a run out to the nursing home to drop a form off at the business office that was erroneously forwarded to me (plus I'll pop in to see my client since I'm supposed to pop in at least once a month), lunch with a friend and her husband, our state income taxes, gathering up the remaining documents that we need for MIL's taxes that we need to drop off at the CPA's office this week, stopping by Buddy the cat's house for about an hour each day for feeding/litterbox scooping/petting, hair appointment tomorrow, Oscar party tomorrow, making something for the Oscar party, baking a loaf of bread. There were a couple more things that need to be done that are escaping me at the moment. It's sunny but cold - so no biking (might not have time anyway), but hopefully I can get a couple of walks in.

QOTD: I do a lot with Greek yogurt or skyr for various meals (for breakfast pretty much all the time - but also for snacks or for lighter lunches or dinners). I'd also agree with veggie burgers - super quick and easy - although I don't make those as often as I could..

coffee with half & half

crumpet with butter and SF jam

Greek yogurt or skyr

protein shake (?)

not sure about lunch since the plan is to go out - and I'm not sure where

L&F yogurt with tahini mixed in

bagged salad, maybe 1/2 a veggie burger (?)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163