Scrapbooking my journey!

Kathy & Juan T.
on 6/2/03 3:16 am - San Jose, CA
Hi all, Anybody out there making a scrapbook about there WLS journey! I am. I would love any ideas for pages!
Robin C.
on 6/2/03 10:21 am - Youngstown, OH
Hi Kathy: Yes, I am making a scrapbook about my WL journey, but it's still in my head. In fact I am taking my first "before" pictures tonight. My surgery is scheduled for June 23rd. I'm SO EXCITED, anxious, nervous. Seeing as it's June, I thought I'd start with a beach theme, maybe take pics holding up the bathing suit I'd like to wear later in the year. No great ideas to share yet, but I'll think of something. How are you doing with your journal? When did you start? Post-op? What sort of pages have you done so far? Robin
bzbrown
on 6/4/03 5:02 am - Attleboro, MA
I'm also going to do a book about myself. I was thinking it'll be cute/perfect in a 6x6 album, but I also want to begin to take more pictures of me and what I'm going to do with my skinny butt once I'm on the other side! LOL I've always focused on my own children but I want to now make a book of myself so that they will have a record of my life. My mil did one for my dh. It's going to be fun to make something formyself for once!
cacosta
on 6/5/03 10:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi. I am also going to scrapbook my journey. I have some pictures already put together. I am taking some more before my surgery, which is scheduled for 6/23. A friend of mine gave me a idea of taking the labels or pictures of some your now favorite foods/snacks/desserts and make a page with them saying goodbye and hello to a new healthy life. I also want to do pages of me fitting into a booth, roller coaster, etc. I will be doing my album in a 7x7 album. I want to make sure that it is a celebration album. I am also taking a camera with me to the hospital so my mom can take some pictures. I am hoping to get one with my doctor as well. If anyone else has any other page ideas, please pass them along.
YStarnes
on 6/8/03 12:04 pm - SC
Hi Kathy: I am a avid scrapper and Im going to do a scrapbook of my WLS Journey. Right now I do them for my daughter and of course Im not in very many of the pictures. This is something that I want for me and to share with people that I may help in the future. I will start closer to my surgery date of Aug. 5/03. I plan on taking my camera to the hospital and letting my daughter take the pictures to help include her. She loves the idea. Good luck to you and HAPPY SCRAPPIN. Would love to hear some of your ideas once you start.
Jennifer T.
on 6/26/03 4:33 pm - Denver, CO
Hello Kathy I love scrapbooking, I am also thinking about making a scrapbook on my WLS journey. I don't yet have a surgery date. My first consutation is July 10th, and I am very excited for that.
Theresa K.
on 7/5/03 3:12 pm - Waipahu, HI
Aloha Everyone! My surgery is scheduled for July 7th...and since I am a consultant for Creative Memories, you bet I will HAVE to start a scrapbook. Luckily for me, I had purchased a 7x7 album that we sold as a fundraiser for the alzheimer's association. It is a beautiful purple album and on the cover it has silver foil forget me not flowers, and of course the words below say, "forget me not". It really sets the tone for my scrapbook, as I don't ever want to forget who I was...because I am not going back to this weight again! Either way, I have decided to take my "empty" book with me to the hospital with some of our fine tip pens, so that my visitors will be able to "sign in" and send me a greeting. This way, it will also serve as an "encouragment" book! And of course I will be mapping out my progress through pictures and weight loss information on a month to month basis. So my book will be able to carry me through at least 2 years of my journey. I am very excited to see that so many people are taking the time out to preserve these memories. It will soon become a tool to share with others who may be in need of some information and encouragement. Best wishes to all!
L. Maillard
on 7/16/03 8:02 pm - Richmond, Va
I don't have a whole scrapbook for mine, but I did do a 10 page spread for my album. It's not very fancy, but it's here www.geocities.com/lmaillard_27/gbsb.html . That may be sbgb instead, I never can remember. LOL. It's just a page of that 10 page spread. I put them in pamoramic page protectors and added 2 more single page protectors to them. Linda
Barb P.
on 7/17/03 10:18 pm - Bowling Green, Ky
Hi Kathy; (and everyone else) I too am an avid scrapbooker and on the road to my WLS. I will be seeing Dr Dyer on the 7th of Aug and we will be scheduling my surgery then. I am working on my own album also and have joined a couple of really neat swaps in the weight loss area. I think this is so important to the success of my WLS. I don't have children but I have lots of family and friend pages BUT I never liked to have pages with me on them. Well, I now realize I need to document my life too for my sisters and family and my dear hubby. I know there is not a huge turn around on this site right now but if anyone is interested in swapping weight loss scrapbooking ideas and or layout pieces, such as shakers or paper piecing or anything to do a layout let me know. I have enjoyed this hobby so much because it takes me out of the kitchen and away from the grazing. By the way, the "Creative Memories" purple 7X7 album is so perfect for this kind of creating a memory book. The size is great and there is so much room. I love the idea of having a page for signing. I may have to borrow that idea. I have been told that many who take books and magazines and all with them to the hospital never even open them. Guess what, I have already made up several layout packages in the 2 pound zip like bags to take and if I feel like it I can put them together. I have even made a few of these -minus pics- for friends who have been hospitalized and they really enjoyed working on them. I would love to hear from any of you either on the pre-side of surgery or the post-side. Hugs Barb
Lexie M.
on 7/19/03 3:38 pm - Wasilla, AK
another scrapper here! I am still in the beginning of this whole process. Inever thought of doing a scrapbook on my wls! Ü I see people bring before and after pictures to the support group meeitngs...jsut imagine what we could create to pass around? Great idea! I will start thinking up what I can do for layouts!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 811 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 547 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 415 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 396 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 844 views