Question on Meals

Anne D.
on 6/11/04 10:58 pm - SANTA FE, NM
I am going to have surgery in October 2004 and my husband is concerned that I will not longer want to cook for him, being that I will probably won't be as hunger as him. He says that if I say Iam not hunger or that I can not eat that I will never cook for him. How are WLS Patients dealing with this?
donald H.
on 6/14/04 5:04 am - wichita falls, TX
my husband had surgery on may 14,2004 and he did all the cooking before.since his surgery he has not done any cooking.i have been buying easy thing so far for me and my daughter and having simple meals.i am hoping that he will start cooking again soooon.i work full time and he stays at home and i am use to haveing supper ready most of the time when i get home.but one thing i can say i am not eating as much since his surgery.i have really tried to cut down but have not lost even 1lb yet.
unbrkn
on 6/15/04 6:11 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Donald, I am going to have WLS in Oct as well. However given that my husband and I have almost always been on opposite shift he can fend for himself. So I say Donald learn how to fire up the grill and show your family you can do it. Also there is nothing finer in Mikey's life when he fends for himself than and batch of refried beans,salsa, and cheese nuked together and scooped with either flour tortillas or chips, when all else fails there is Taco Bell. Don't get me wrong on our days together I do spoil him with my cooking, but he is cool with that changing LOL we will see. Karen
unbrkn
on 6/16/04 4:21 am - Las Vegas, NV
I must apologize to Donald I accidentally was trying to reply to Anne's husband and hit your reply. Sorry for the confusion, and to all spouse's that are worried about the cooking dinner part always remember neccesity is the mother of inventions and there in lays what a fabulous meal planner we all can be. Best wishes to everyone. Karen
unbrkn
on 6/30/04 7:28 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RE: Question on Meals Response from Karen Hetos at 1:11 AM PST on 06/16/2004 Las Vegas, NV - RNY (10/06/2004) Anne, I am going to have WLS in Oct as well. However given that my husband and I have almost always been on opposite shift he can fend for himself. So I say to your hubby learn how to fire up the grill and show your family you can do it. Also there is nothing finer in Mikey's life when he fends for himself than and batch of refried beans,salsa, and cheese nuked together and scooped with either flour tortillas or chips, when all else fails there is Taco Bell. Don't get me wrong on our days together I do spoil him with my cooking, but he is cool with that changing LOL we will see. This is a guy use to my cooking Greek, and Mexicana as wekk as Asian he us ready for life to change and except his part he is a loving man and ready for the challenge Karen
Briana A.
on 7/11/04 12:36 am - Norfolk, VA
Well, I havent had the surgery yet so I am not speaking from personal exeriance here but here goes. One of my close friends had it and she did still continue to cook for her family and still does. What she has done is started making a lot of the same foods but healthier versions. Just because you have surgery doesnt mean you still dont enjoy the smell of good food and still done want to taste. She will also still make them their occasional "bad" meals and have something different for herself. If you get on a schedule for meals (which is what I do and she does as well) then it will be just a part of the day. You wont have to wait untill you are hungry, if you eat at 6, then you will be so used to having dinner done at 6 you will still make it. Not so much for yourself but for the family. My kids bellies know when it is dinner time in my house and if it isnt done, their whining will tell me to get my tail in gear. Besides I have heard it helps "remind" you to eat. Just because you had the surgery arent arent hungry doesnt mean you dont have to eat. Getting your meals in is very important and having a schedule is a great and easy way to make sure you get your meal in. Besides what better way to perk hunger than the smell of food. I hope this helps, Briana
Ruthie B.
on 7/12/04 9:14 am - Herlong, CA
I had surgery on the 11th of May and have been cooking ever since - my husband will have to have WLS if I keep it up. He is thrilled with this change!
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5262 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5948 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7143 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6887 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6929 views