Everday life at 2.5 years out

finallyme
on 5/14/09 1:05 am - Canada
So, I got a couple of PM's after my other post asking for information on what daily life is like now 2.5 years out food wise.

I am NOT the best example but I will be honest!

Morning I usually start off with a Protein hot chocolate - I LOVE my proti15 - I would not have succeeded without it! MId morning I will usually have a boiled egg or fruit. Lunch is a salad or soup or 2 pieces of sandwich meat wrapped around a slice of GOOD cheese. I dont usually get time for afternoon snacks but if I do I will go for a cottage cheese or a yogurt ( I like plain yogurt with frozen blueberries put in). Supper is always a serving of protein, a startch and veggies. I graze at night ( which is BAD - try not to start this habit again!) I will snack on thinsations, yogurt, sugarfree fudgsicles....really anything I have lying around - but thankfully my grazing is restricted by my tummy!

My one downfall is WATER...I drink maybe 4 glasses a day which is AWFUL! The best advice I can give you is DRINK your water - the largest losses I had came when I was fully hydrated ( 8 FULL glasses of water/day) Now, I know some people say you can drink tea, or crystal light and count it as water but I dont agree - 8 glasses of WATER I found to be the BEST for me personally...I fight this one to this day, but it is important! I am AWFUL with bread - I ate NO bread until 9 months out - THEN I tried it...THEN I started eating it againBAD BAD decision. I am a BREAD addict and admit it openly. I have made efforts this past 3 months to cut it out completely again but it is HARDER this time - so my advice to all my bread freak friends - DO NOT EVER GO BACK TO BREAD!

Other questions I got were about the quantity I can fit in now - It is about DOUBLE what I could fit in post op. For those who understand the cottage cheese test ( you eat on a empty stomach plain cottage cheese - weigh the container BEFORE starting, eat until discomfort then weigh it again) I can STUFF in 9.5 oz....but feel discomfort at about 7oz - so I would say I can easily hold 1 entire cup of cottage cheese without issue...after surgery I was about 1/2 a cup max!

What do I do if I gain? I get stressed out! I feel like I am failing, just like all of you! However I have found that beating myself up doesnt help. If I put on more then 5 pounds ( I normally go up and down 5 lbs/day) I will really focus on PROTEIN first and WATER. By doing that usually I can get everything back where I need it to be.

If anyone has more specific questions please PM me or post on here. I would love to help!
Thanks to all who have replied, you are all very kind and wonderful people!
DLM0507
on 5/14/09 1:11 am
Thanks so much!!  Great post! Very helpful!
I am 5'8"
64 lost!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 1:22 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Thanks for sharing life down the road!  It helps to keep the big picture in sight!
Santiago1
on 5/14/09 3:30 am - Canada
Thanks so much for this detailed info....a big help to us newbies for sure!
all the best,
Joy
msvelvet
on 5/15/09 11:24 am - Sherwood, Australia
This was great to read thanks for posting!

10,000 steps walking challenge coordinator to register; http://10000steps.org.au/ and then pm me your email and I will link you to the challenge.

sleeve genie
on 3/7/10 2:07 pm - Alhambra, CA
Hi, this is so cool,i was reading a thread and this guy wanted to know about the sleeve and what you could eat at 2 yrs out,  this gal told him about this.  i am in appeal right now,  my insurance company hasn't updated and taken experimental away from the sleeve.  i  am hoping that they will approve my appeal and i am convinced that the sleeve is the only thing for me,  but its great to hear how good you are doing and if i am lucky enough to have the results you have i will count myself blessed.
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views