Trying not to be annoyed

SchwartzFamly
on 3/23/11 4:09 am
I've been getting a bunch of comments lately:

You shouldn't lose anymore weight.

You are too skinny already

Where do you think you're going to lose 30 pounds from

Those kind of things.  I'm NOT that skinny.  I'm somewhere  between a size 10 and a size 12, depending on who makes it.  My stomach still qualifies for its own zip code and  nothing but surgery to put the muscles back together from my monster babies will every change that.  My rear end is still capable of showing up two minutes after I get somewhere.

I know they are trying to be nice and be supportive, but .....SHEEESSSSSSHHHH

There needs to be a class of some sort "How to compliment someone on physcial change without sounding like an idort" or something like that.
 I'm 6' tall and 41 years old

Babynesh05
on 3/23/11 4:16 am - Germany
 I have been getting that too lately the comment today was "if you lose anymore you are going to dissapear to nothinh" really? Ive like 38 more pounds to go..

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

bcguy36
on 3/23/11 4:22 am
I would say people are deffinitely JEALOUS! Keep it up!
ahleeeshah
on 3/23/11 5:01 am
I had this conversation with my mom the other day. For months now she's been saying "Well, even if you only lose 40 pounds with this surgery, that's fine!" and now that she sees how seriously I'm taking my pre-surgery diet, she's singing another tune. She took me out for a "goodbye to food" meal, and actually told me she'd fuss at me if I got too skinny. I told her that she's used to seeing me big, so if I get thinner, it's going to look drastic to her. It might look like I have no more weight to lose, but if my BMI is still overweight, I'm not anorexic!

Telling her that seemed to help. I told her I'd weigh myself and show her the BMI conversion if that would make her feel better.

Danielle K.
on 3/23/11 5:07 am - Evart, MI
 Most people don't realize what people actually weigh either.  I know when I told people I weighed 281 pre op they were honestly shocked.  And I am 5'2.5" They thought I weighed like 240-250.  I always tell people my actual weight when I start getting that crap, it usually shuts them up.
pinkypromise93
on 3/23/11 5:17 am
I dont know what is worse; people making rude comments when we are overweight or people who make rude comments to those who have lost weight. I haven't had surgery yet and I certainly can't wait to have mine ;-D most of the time its jealousy; jealousy because they want to be where you are or jealousy because they dont like to see anyone do good for themselves. My mother in law has always made horrible comments to me about my weight: I don't know why all my sons married big woman, my gosh Robin, you must be 300 lbs now, blah blah blah....one day I got so sick of listening to it I finally said well at least when I stand up from the chair I don't have to pick my behind up to tote it with me. I might be fat but at least it comes with me, even if it takes a few seconds, LOL. Girls! keep up the good work and hold your chin up. We all deserve to be a healthy weight, who cares what they think ;-D just smile and say well if the winds blows me away how bout catch me ;-)~ you all are doing great! Don't let them get you down!~Robin

luvkisses4k
on 3/23/11 6:58 am - Fredericksburg, VA
VSG on 12/21/10 with

Just look at those comments as compliments.  Keep it positive because that's what is best for you!

Respond with comments like,
"oh you're just saying that"
"aren't you so sweet to worry about me like that"
"I'm such a great dresser that I can hide that 30 pounds you can't see"
"that's not what the scale says!"

Stuff like that.  Make these people realize that you know what you're doing.  After all you are the one that is going thru this journey day to day, those people have no clue!

sublimate
on 3/23/11 7:16 am - San Jose, CA
I think so much of the US is overweight people have a skewed perspective, and also they are not used to seeing you so much smaller. Just tell them you are working with your doctor on what your correct weight should be.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

MediumSoon
on 3/23/11 11:27 am - TX
Go ahead and be annoyed! You will know when you're done - and it's none of their business!! Now - if you go gettin' a bmi under 20 you might get some cr** from people here

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views