My blog on my hospital stay

Linda B.
on 3/23/11 11:55 am - CA
I wanted to get to it while it was fresh in my mind...
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/getmyskinnyon/
Have a great night!
Linda B

Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

_rebecca
on 3/23/11 12:26 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Congrats!!!
chasity korte
on 3/23/11 1:01 pm - willis, MI
Hope I can do the same next week on the 29th in my hospital bed:) Congrats!!
Linda B.
on 3/23/11 1:04 pm - CA
You would TRULY be my hero if you could do it from your hospital bed. I could only focus on 1 thing...feeling better. Couldn't even get into any TV!
I will look forward to hearing from you whenever you get a chance to post.

chasity korte
on 3/23/11 1:24 pm - willis, MI
Linda, after I posted the message, I went and read your blog. I should've read your blog first. LoL... I thought you were writing from your hospital bed.
Linda B.
on 3/23/11 1:29 pm - CA
Hahaha...yea no...didn't even take the laptop. Good luck to you!
Linda B

ali_lav
on 3/23/11 1:35 pm - Australia
Linda,

It was great to read your blog.  I am on final countdown having finally getting a date.  I have 49 days to go and am really keen to hear experiences and get advise.

I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Ali

chasity korte
on 3/23/11 1:36 pm - willis, MI
Thank You 
vjb1952
on 3/23/11 3:25 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Hi Linda...I enjoyed reading your blog, thanks for sharing!       Congratulations on making it through your surgery and beginning recovery.  It sounds like, since the gas is gone, you are really feeling much better already!  I think that is the part I am most unsure about... Best wishes as you continue your journey...will look forward to reading your updates,  Viv  

vjb1952

CJCC55
on 3/23/11 10:26 pm - Cleveland, TN
Hi Linda,
I, too enjoyed reading your blog, as I also am a nurse, but I had my surgery at age 58. Had my surgery in Michigan, altho I live in Tennessee.
I am so sorry that you had such a rough time of it.
My hospital stay was very different from yours, although there were a few similarities. I also got some morphine in the recovery room, but once the pain was alleviated, I didn't need any more medicine, and got out of the hospital around noon on the next day. That was after they gave me clear liquids, and I tolerated them. Was up to bathroom a few times during night 1 pushing my IV pole, and walked out in the halls the next morning. Never had any problem with the gas after this surgery, but after my hysterectomy years ago I remember how miserable that was, and can sympathize.
I was surprised that I had no post op gas pain. No op site pain either after the recovery room. No nausea, no drain, no catheter, but I did have esophageal spasms with swallowing for a few weeks post op. That was not pleasant, but I also expected things to be rough, and I was prepared for some misery.
In summary, I am glad you are home now and doing well.
Sorry your hospital stay was so uncomfortable, but as nurses, we've seen it all, and know what can happen.
I am so thankful for the sleeve in my life, and so happy that I made this decision for myself. I paid out of pocket for my surgery, and feel this is the best investment I ever made. I'm still paying it off. Have another year and a half to make payments on it. My OSA is pretty much resolved, my HTN is resolved, my knee pain is pretty much gone, and my left hip bursitis is much better as well. In short, I am like a new person. The generalized body aches that I used to suffer with are pretty much gone.
I love my sleeve.
Wishing you all the best as you build momentum on your new journey. Hope you lose a whole lot during your first month. (I only lost 16, but am happy with that)

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 443 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views