Frustration/Sadness/Depression

mjchristy
on 3/26/11 12:14 am - IN
Its been a bit since I have posted due to a very busy life.  Our grandfather passed away a few weeks ago, my 2 year old has some health issues and I need a so break.  I am stuck in a stall and I am so frustrated.  I started at 302 and now am at 211 lowest but this morning was 213.  I will get to 211 and then the next day be at 213 or 214.  Yesterday I ate really well but guess what back up this morning.  I only lost 6 lbs last month and now I just keep bouncing up.  Depression has sunk in because I am so frustrated since I can't lose weight.  My eating habits are here and there.  Getting frustrated then a cookie sneaks in or those carbs sneak in.  I know it is all a head game with me.  I have exercised but nothing happens so why exercise anymore.  I know what a lame excuse.  I am very angry right now and just in a biting mood.  I need this to pass.  I am so afraid of failure and that pops in my head also.   Thanks for listening to me.  I respect each of your advice but it is so hard right now and I know that I am not alone! 

Melissa
  SW:  302  Surgery W:  275  VSG:  October 13, 2010          
_aprilh_
on 3/26/11 12:23 am - OK
It sounds like you have been through a lot lately. I can not even attempt to understand where you are. Just know I am thinking about you and praying you can find peace and rededicate yourself to the process of a lifestyle change. Here's a hug just for you! 
DrHollywood
on 3/26/11 12:29 am - Harbor City, CA
Gosh you are going through a lot right now.
If youre anything like me, i eat over all my problems.

a cookie here and a something there might have something
to do with it.  Is there anyway you can get back to basics with
your eating?

Also, there are some sleevers that track their monthly weight loss
and I remember seeing someone loset 6 pounds in a row two months straight.

Hang in there and please try and find another outlet besides food while
you are going through  your stress.

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Susan M.
on 3/26/11 1:23 am
I hear ya! I have been losing on avg 2.5 lbs a week. To me that seems slow when I see others losing a lot.

I also have been struggling with my blood sugars still being high, even though I am eating so very little, and practically zero carbs. 

My blood pressure has also been high...but I have a lot of stress in my life right now. Business is up for sale, adult son giving me some issues, and a 4 year old are just a few of my stressers!

Right before the "monthly" visitor, I dropped 4 pounds quickly....and then gained 5 back and they came back off very very very slowly. 

The visit with my dietician reinforced that I am eating great---right on track. 2.5 lbs a week she said is very very normal and a good pace to avoid the sagging skin, vitamin deficiencies, etc. 
She also told me that I don't have to continue the protein drinks.  Makes me feel like I have a more "normal" life. 

Last night at dinner out with friends I nursed a glass of wine all night.  I had a very small piece of bruschetta early in the evening and then later one square of pizza.  I felt very satisfied, it was  a fun evening and I didn't feel like I was "different" than everyone else.  It's a good feeling.  I didn't let myself feel guilty about the carbs, because that was one time in eight weeks that I have allowed myself any bread products.  I'm not a big bread eater, so I don't worry that it will set me on a downward slope. 

I decided I'm ok with only 2.5 lbs a week, on average. 

Darci1972
on 3/26/11 7:41 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Sounds so frustrating :( All the stress is probably playing a major role in it. Sounds like a lot to deal with all at once :( Saying a prayer for ya.
 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME
I'm not perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for
5'6" HW 269 (on 2/14/11)----SW 262
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
BriarRose
on 3/26/11 8:55 am
I so understand this. I just lost my job. I have a clinically depressed child, an 85 yr old father, and we lost my brother at age 49 this year. I haven't looked for a job in 10 years; I will most probably lose my home. But darn it, I'm going to be skinny !

So one day at a time, my friend; that's what I'm doing.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views