I Think My Body Hates Me

Kelby F.
on 3/29/11 12:41 pm - Minot, ND
  OK... besides my body... I now think my computer hates me... this is the 3rd time I've typed this. 

I'm getting very frustrated... Over the past month I've only lost 2 lbs...

No matter what I do I just keep fluctuating between 271 and 273. My brain says LOOSE WEIGHT... my body just keep saying, "F' You!!"

No, I don't think I'm done loosing or that Mr Sleevie (don't ask me why it's male) is broken. I won't allow myself to think that way... I'm no where close to being done with journey!!!

I made a promise to myself that I would exercise 3 times a week.. So far so good! YAY!! 

Measurements... yes, I keep doing them.. and yes, I am loosing.. This is one thing that helps me keep my sanity right now! Can't stress how much I recommend everyone take their measurements!!!

I feel like I'm always posting about this struggle I keep having.. I don't mean to sound like a negative Nancy. I am soo happy with my progress and sooo proud of how far I've come. It just gets really difficult to remember that when I'm going through this stuff. ARG!! I'm in pirate mode today! lol 

Guess I'll just keep plugging away... keeping the path.... drinking my water... doing my exercise... eventually my body will stop being soo stubborn and give in!! 

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

loolootoo
on 3/29/11 12:49 pm
don't blame you for screaming!

the only thing i tried (and it worked) to bust through the scale was going back to my liquid phase of protein shakes and high quality h2o for three days.  

seemed to reset me.

hang in there.....too many folks have made and kept goal for this to fail.

_rebecca
on 3/29/11 12:50 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
You are doing so great!  Hang in there!
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 12:51 pm - Germantown, MD
 I just got off a month long stall where I didn't lose a single pound. This is all part of the natural process (it happens for 'normal' people too, those lovely plateaus, I don't know which term I hate worse 'stall' or 'pleatau'). Dropped 4 pounds breaking the stall, then got my period and have gained two pounds of water weight (my fingers are so bloated). I WAS losing inches during that stall month as well, all my clothes fit differently. I'm not sure how that works, where do they go when the pounds aren't coming off? One of the mysteries of life.

Hang in there. This too, as they say, shall pass.
ccbelle14
on 3/29/11 12:52 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Hi Kelby,

From everything I've ever read on this site, I'd say you're about due for a big drop in weight sometime soon. You've kept on plan, you're exercising, and you're losing inches - all great! Stalls suck, but just remember it's only a scale stall. You're still losing, as evidenced by your loss of inches. Your body's weight is bound to catch up soon.

Hang in there - and feel free to vent. It's quite understandable :)

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
sleeve genie
on 3/29/11 12:54 pm - Alhambra, CA
I hear you sweetie,   i hit a stall at 180 for about 2 months,  then 170 for another 2 months now i'm bouncing around the same 3 lbs  :o(   but its a journey not a race and our bodies will do this in its own time.    We will get there,  keep the faith and keep making good choices,  we got this  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

youngta1
on 3/29/11 1:38 pm
I understand where you are coming from. I am only 3 months out and I have stalled. I just don't understand why. I feel that I am doing everything right but the pound are not shedding. I had my surgery Jan 4, 2011. Since then I have lost 62 pounds. I am grateful, just don't like the stalling period. One thing I can say is keep doing what you are doing and don't give up. I havent' and I won't.

Lisa D.
on 3/29/11 2:06 pm - New Orleans, LA
I know how you feel!!  You get excited about the initial large drop of weight and then stalls start popping up.  Sucks but we all have been warned about them.  Doesn't make them any easier, though.  You have done so well and without a doubt the weight will start dropping again.  Keep us posted.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 2:54 pm
I am looking into my crystal ball and making a prediction.  If you are eating on program, drinking enough fluids and getting your protein in, you will break your stall this week.  How's that for going out on a limb.  For some mysterious reason, every time I would post about my frustration with my stalls, the very next day they would end.  Weird but true.  I am sprinkling some of that VSG magic dust on you.
DrHollywood
on 3/29/11 6:31 pm, edited 3/29/11 6:31 pm - Harbor City, CA
cool response Elina!    :)))

OP  hang in there! :)))  I so hear your frustration!  hugggs

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 85 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views