Daughter

Eula "Evie" R.
on 4/2/11 11:35 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi All,
Just wanted to think each and every one of you for answering my post about my daughter not wanting me to have WLS..

We are just not going to be  able to talk about the WLS. My daughter is so scared for me to have this surgery, I know she is very scared for me and I know she is not trying to be mean and I am not letting her run my life. I wasn't going to tell anyone and she seen me on this site while she was visiting. She lives in Ga, I live in Wv. She wants to know when I do have surgery. She is a good christain, also my 3 grandkids and her husband. Believe she is worried. We are like best friends, but she can be praying for me if nothing else while I am surgery. I have just came to the understanding that she is not going to back me up, but you know it is ok. I feel I have to know in my heart this is the way it is going to be with her, for right now, then later I think she is going to be a happy daughter for her Mom. We are just so close and I know she loves me. Like I said she will be praying for me. So I have came tp peace with myself about my daughter. Our love will never change as a family. My girls lost there Dad when they were young so I think she is afraid of losing me also. My youngest daughter told me today that it was my life to do what I want, she lives in MI. But she told me that I would have make a life time change, I told her I know.

Just wanted to let everyone know I am ok with this now, about my daughter. I made peace like I said about her and my having WLS, It has been hard, with God help I am in peace now.

Move over on the bench, here I come.

God Bless you all.
Evie
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 11:40 am
YEAH! so so happy to hear that. And I understand how she feels.
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 11:48 am - Canada
Change is hard for people. Your daughter is likely as you said afraid of losing you. Maybe once you have the surgery and are fully recovered, she will know that your going to be fine. Maybe then she will change her feelings a little. Our children love us for who we are and don't always understand what we're going through. Good luck and god bless you and your family......Things will work out just fine...~Cheryl
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 11:50 am
So glad to hear this.  Many prayers were said for you.  Just know we all care about you.
wannabeprettyinpink
on 4/2/11 12:38 pm - MN
My 31 yr old son told me before the surgery - I don't necessarily agree with this decision, and I don't think you need it. But it is your choice, and if you decide this is best for you, I will support you.

I think that is often the response for a lot of people in our lives.  And it's all I ask.
You don't have to agree, but if you love me - please go with the flow...

Hislady
on 4/2/11 2:04 pm - Vancouver, WA
Glad you've worked it out! You can agree to disagree and still love each other. When it's all said and done I'm sure she'll be happier about it.
jbskaggs
on 4/2/11 3:18 pm - holt, MO
 John Wayne said "Courage was being scaird witless but getting back in the saddle and doing what was right anyway."

I really miss those old school actors.

JB

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views