Missing the forum! Thought I'd check in!

thinnermama
on 4/3/11 2:18 am
New faces and some faces I recognize here! Hello everyone! I haven't been posting or reading here much, but I realized that I really need to because it's like I'm out in orbit all by myself or something LOL I need my OH, which has helped me to get to where I am.

So I AM in onederland.  I am 190 and started at 260.  People are now commenting on how AMAZING my weight loss is and always now asking me how I did it. I sort of underscore the surgery by saying that I had a little bit of surgery and a lot of changing how I eat, moving my butt, etc.  Keeps away the "oh, I see" blow-off of my weight loss LOL 

I love that I've lost weight and look better, but more than that, I love that I'm healthier.

I recently flew and until I got into the seat, I was so nervous I wouldn't fit in the seat right because that's my usual flying protocol. Imagine my surprise when I didn't get an eyeroll from my seatmates when I said "I'm right here" and I slid right in the seat, was in my OWN seat completely, the dreaded seatbelt fit with room to spare and I didn't infringe on anyone else's space. That was huge! No pun intended.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well and to the new or upcoming sleevers, YES. I would do this again and again anytime.
I've started blogging my journey here at OH

Single incision lap VSG 10/21/2010

Height 5'2
Pre-op weight: 260
Day of surgery: 240
Current weight: 190

mylastchance
on 4/3/11 2:53 am
All these things are such  common threads with us all.  We all look forward to be in onederland and am sometimes amazed at the comments we get some good and some not so good because of jealousy.
Fitting into a plane seat and seat belt is awesome.  Feeling healthier, looking better and fitting into those cute clothes that were only a dream before is just great.

Continued good losing to you and keep up the great work.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

sleeve genie
on 4/3/11 3:10 am - Alhambra, CA
Thanks for checking in, we love to hear from people who have been MIA lol   welcome to onderland,  its a wonderful place to be.   I'm so happy that all is going so well for you and its great that you have come to share your happy news with us.   Keep up the good work  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Jenny C.
on 4/3/11 3:47 am
 Thanks for your post.  I was just talking with my husband about what to say if people ask how you lost weight, and I really like your response.  We also talked about people saying something about surgery being the easy way, and my husband suggested "I can see how you might think that."  Anyway, I'm going to keep both of those responses in my back pocket--can't wait til I need to use them!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views