NEED SOME HELP

Eula "Evie" R.
on 4/4/11 6:00 am - Mount Nebo, WV
I was wondering what I need to take to the hospital with me? The less the better.

Thank You
God bless
Evie
melford273
on 4/4/11 6:08 am - NJ
The only thing that came out of my bag was my phone charger.  Anything else I needed they gave me.  Don't over pack, you won't need it!!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel

HW 319; SW 295; CW 274.5

Nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel        
didim62
on 4/4/11 6:13 am - Kensington, CT
The only things I used that I packed were my slippers, my chapstick, toiletries, and cell charger. They will give you toiletries but you can use your own. I did bring my robe but could not use it because of the IV.
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 6:13 am
You will not need much.  I would bring chapstick for dry lips and something to read while you wait for the surgery. 
stephf
on 4/4/11 6:13 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
Lip Balm!!! a must you're lips will be so dry and flakey!! also deoderant hahah I forgot mine and YUCK!!  my doctor let us bring mouth wash but i didnt use it instead i asked the nurse to give me a swab i could dip in water to wet my mouth, that was on the 2day in the hospital since you cant drink anything the 1-2 day

i wuld bring sweats and a shirt and I had my time of month in there so i brought my own pads
/ underwear, no way was I gonna use the crappy net underware the hospital gives out hahha

and I brought my IPAD but it was little use since i was sore and tired the first few days there.
I wish you the best!!! Im so glad I got my surgery!!

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

KrisJ77
on 4/4/11 6:14 am - TX
Yep!! Don't overpack!! I stayed in their gown the whole 3 days.  I took clothes to go home in, toothbrush & toothpaste, chapstick (nivia - i'm addicted), slippers, hairbrush, deoderant and a robe to walk the halls in - they will make you walk so be prepared and that was about all I needed.  I did overpack though because I took pajamas that I never wore, makeup that I never wore, etc!! Lol!! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 6:40 am
I brought my bathrobe, I could put one arm thru and draped it over the other shoulder, it was warmer than putting on a 2nd gown backwards over the 1st gown, lip balm, hairbrush, the hospital provided me with toiletries, slippers, etc.  The only thing I wish I would have brought was a neck pillow, you know the kind shaped like a horseshoe?  That would have been wonderful those first few days trying to sleep sitting up....
Jeep1974
on 4/4/11 6:59 am - MI
Ear plugs.

wanttobehalfofme
on 4/4/11 10:01 am - MI
A wrap around robe for your walks in the hallway it gives you room for the IV and you are covered. LIP BALM thats a must. Hair brush, toothbrush and any other toleries you want to bring. Some people bring gas strips. I got gas drops when I was there. Slippers, I wore flip flops. Wear loose comfortable clothes to the hospital because when you go home anything snug will put pressure on your belly. i wore a flannel shirt and exercise pants. Cell phone and charger. A neck pillow is a good idea. Walking and sipping will get you out there the quickest. Are you going to be on a liquid peo-op diet?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 109 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views