There's something wrong with my sleeve....Help

Hollyhock
on 4/4/11 1:09 am - VA
Joanne,

Don't panic!  I have watched these boards for a long time now, and losing an average of about 3 pounds a week is just fine.  Hang in there.  I think we're all paranoid about this failing since no other attempt has worked long term for us.  You are on track if you don't give up.  I have never seen anyone lose less than 45 pounds in about four months.

I know what you mean about being sick of eggs.  Even though I'm pre-op, I've been trying hard to cut carbs, and all my favorite breakfasts are pure carbs.  This is a very big change for me.  It doesn't help that I am not a big meat eater. 

Some breakfasts that I've found that work okay include peanut butter on a banana or apple, SF Carnation instant breakfast, and mild Italian turkey sausage on creamed/mashed cauliflower (kind of has the texture of cheese grits).  I also like those mozzarella cheese sticks.  To make eggs easier I bought a plastic tray you can use to poach eggs in the microwave.  So I mix it up with scrambled, fried, and poached.  I sometimes mix smoked salmon into the scrambled eggs.

For sweets, look into dark chocolate covered toasted almonds.  I made my own -- toasted them and mixed them with melted 60% cocoa Ghirardelli choc chips.  The bittersweet chocolate is not too bad for carbs, and the almonds are low carb.

Please don't be so hard on yourself.  If you're like me, a splurge on cookies in past times would have meant way more than two.  You have taken a huge step for your health and it'll work this time.   Really. 
5'7"  VSG on 6/6/2011  HW 224, SW 214, CW 144  
faylavi
on 4/4/11 1:23 am - Laurel, MD
Move over...I am getting on the bus.  I too feel like a failure.  My sacle has not moved in 3 weeks.  i am only 6 weeks out.  I am eating little to no carbs.  i dont get what I am doing wrong.

Fat Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

jackie W.
on 4/4/11 1:32 am - schenectady, ny
oh fay dont get on the bus you are not a failure either,you and I are  close i'm 5 weeks tommrow and though I wish the weight was falling off I refuse to give in to the demons that want us to think were gonna fail,because we did before.our bodys are at the healing stage and every one inside is getting used to the new small tummy so don't worry yet.if truth be known I lost better when I was on lean and green before surgery,and a tweaked lean and green at that,I just keep telling myself one day at a time and we'll see. so get off the bus!!!!
                                                                                                        jackie

faylavi
on 4/4/11 1:40 am - Laurel, MD
Thanks Jackie

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

cattywompos
on 4/4/11 1:25 am
Hi JoAnne,  There is nothing wrong with your sleeve. Just count yourself as one of the lucky ones that doesn't have to deal with nausea, heartburn, and all that.  I think your protein, cals and carbs are in a good area. Those two cookies are not going to hurt you unless you obsess about it.  Next time, do better to say no, but if you eat them again...oh well there is always another time to say no.  I feel the need to eat every couple hours too unless I have a REALLY dense protein meal like steak or hamburg.  The gain...now you know there is no possible way that you could have gained 2lbs of fat in a week when you are only eating an average of 1000cals a day.  You would have to eat an excess of 7000 cals to gain.  You burn more than 1000 cals being awake and moving. You are still in that early stage where you are still learning you and your new tummy, you will find what your groove is and what works for you. 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Joanne0615
on 4/4/11 1:49 am
Thank you for all your comments!!!
Joanne                
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 140 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 408 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op