Just wondering

Sunshine115
on 4/5/11 5:20 am - MI
Does anyone else feel like their life won't start until you've had the surgery and start losing weight?

Kristy R.
on 4/5/11 5:38 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I didn't feel like my life would start - but I hated the delay on making progress once I made up my mind to do it.  I appriciate the reasons for the amount of time it takes, but waiting was difficult.  Really need to prepare yourself.  I am very relieved it's behind me :)
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

cindymomof4
on 4/5/11 6:05 am - Greenwood, IN
Yes, I've really felt in limbo since my consult, like I don't even want to go anywhere because I am so anxious to succeed.  It didn't really bother that much how I looked, but now I'm much more conscious of it since I realize how much better it could be from looking at the befores and afters.    I'm eating everything in sight too, which doesn't help.  Luckily my surgery is Monday so I don't have much longer to wait.
Sunshine115
on 4/5/11 6:28 am - MI
your surgery is Monday? I'm so happy & excited for you. Make sure you post when you feel up to it. I can't wait until I get a date. Right now I'm having trouble with the insurance coordinator at the hospital, not my insurance co., but her, she told me yesterday she has a pile of paperwork on her desk.
Really?

Lisa D.
on 4/5/11 6:26 am - New Orleans, LA
I was on cloud 9 the day I got my date.  I told people it was like waiting for Christmas morning.  The only good thing about being a self pay is that things do move fast from consult to surgery.  It will get here sooner than you think.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Sunshine115
on 4/5/11 6:31 am - MI
Thanks Lisa, I know I will be on cloud 9 too. I'm just so anxious, especially when I see how everyone like you are doing so good.

didim62
on 4/5/11 6:51 am, edited 4/5/11 6:51 am - Kensington, CT
My message used to be "waiting for approval so I can start living life again" and now it is "starting my new life" but the thing is......I've wasted a lot of time waiting. I'm 3 weeks post op and still have that waiting feeling but have come to realize it is all in my head. I need to just get up and go live it. The weight loss is going to come along for the ride. Now if I can only get myself to listen to my new head thoughts!! You'll be there before you know it!! Good luck!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
KrisJ77
on 4/5/11 7:57 am - TX
I felt great as soon as I got my surgery date and started that two week liquid diet.  Do you have a surgery date yet?  Hang in there - time will fly and it will be all worth it!! - Kris

peachynptc
on 4/5/11 12:25 pm - Fayetteville, GA
My life is definitely in limbo. For one I feel like I am disgusting and I feel everyone looks at me that way. I don't want to go out in public. This has just started the last few weeks. I want people to see me AFTER I have lost the weight and I want to stay here in my cocoon until then. I will be looking for a job as soon as I feel up to it, and I keep seeing jobs that I am qualified for but am afraid to apply for since I don't know how well I will do with surgery.
Can't wait til after Monday, woo hoo!! It is almost here!! We will jump in together, how does that sound?!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views