Three weeks out today anybody feel like they will never like food again?

Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 3:38 am - IA
I have had good weight loss and I have been feeling better for almost a week now but nothing tastes good. Anyone having the same/

Dawnie 88
on 4/7/11 3:40 am
i definitely felt that at the beginning.  nothing tasted the same as it did before surgery.  i felt like it never would again.  it does though..in time.  but now i find i am not eating something just because it tastes good, which i did alot of before surgery.

Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 3:45 am - IA
Thank you, I am hoping it gets better. I like the taste of healthy food and that is how I want to eat. It's just that I have to make myself even drink.

KrisJ77
on 4/7/11 4:06 am - TX
Only every other day!!!  Lol!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 4:30 am
Everything tastes sort of ho-hum to me.  I am still eating and trying different things but am just sort of not impressed by what I am tasting..
Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 7:34 am - IA
It sounds like it is a common experience, I don't mind that I can't eat much it's just I would like the few bites to taste good. I guess we just need to hang in there!

mydi4u
on 4/7/11 5:20 am - federal way , WA
 I'm a little over a month post op and the hardest part for me right now is eating! Nothing tastes the same and I have really no appetite for food but you have to force yourself to eat. Plus your teaching yourself how to eat again. UGGG!!!
Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 7:36 am - IA
I am right there with you. At least I feel better!

RW76
on 4/7/11 5:41 am - Medina, OH
 I am a little over 3 weeks out and I have no problems with taste.  My problem is that I really have no desire to eat, hopefully it stays that way for awhile.
Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 7:39 am - IA
Yes , it is nice not to want to eat! I hope that sticks around too!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views