Three weeks out today anybody feel like they will never like food again?

Rachelena
on 4/7/11 6:09 am - Hicksville, NY
VSG on 10/18/10 with
 I definitely did!!! Some days, I still do. But for the most part that feeling goes away with the swelling and once you start to be able to eat more variety. Hand in there! HUGS! 

Looking for a great time in NY! Come to the OH Long Island Conference 2011! Use Coupon Code LebowitzNY11 for $30 off and a free t-shirt and tote bag! All proceeds will be donated to the OAC
Bariatric Revisionary

Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 7:37 am - IA
Thank you!

cannonkb
on 4/7/11 6:09 am - SC
Yep have the same feeling. I'm 7 weeks out and everything taste blahhhh!  I get really excited about eating something new and be all gung ho making it and then......blahhhhh!  I hope it eventually passes.  I guess in some ways this is helping me because I always liked to eat because I liked the taste of food.  Not anymore, now it is just a chore.

Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 7:41 am - IA
I agree, I think all of you have really good attitudes!
I was a taste person also.

Lisa J.
on 4/7/11 6:24 am - OK
Absolutely! You will feel like that for awhile, soak it up! You probably won't always have that feeling, so enjoy it while you can because when we aren't unconsciously eating it's always best! You will get tired of the same old stuff, and for me, that was good enough for me at the time. I was actually afraid to eat, not because of getting sick, but because I was afraid that I wouldn't lose weight so it was more psychological for me that way and I liked it because I felt in control for the first time in a long time.

It is a challenge, in my opinion, to find stuff that you actually like and can tolerate the first couple weeks of solid food, then progression onto regular food--well, it's just something we have to do now. Nothing was very exciting for a good year, that's for sure. However, I'm glad that I have basically disassociated myself with most food, good and bad, at least after a couple bites that I know I have to eat.

Take the time to really discover that we CAN enjoy food, we just can't be gluttons about it anymore. Find stuff that is different, unusual, or never on your radar before. Enjoy it and really taste it.

I brought home a mini cheesecake for my mom the other night. I CANNOT BELIEVE that two bites was enough. There was a time when I'd chip away at it til it was gone, and sweets aren't even my thing anyway! I formerly used an entire tube of crystal lite in my 34 oz of water, now I only use 1/2! Things are too sweet.

That is not a bad thing! ;-)
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
Gracieteddy
on 4/7/11 7:27 am - IA
Thank you Lisa,

I have been thankful that  I am not hungry but I did think that bites of things would be good. I am happist with broth and am alreaady tired of protein drinks.
I do like your attitude! You are right everything is too sweet!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views