64 OZ Water What if u dont drinl all of it ?? Gain weight

NuevaMujer714
on 4/9/11 5:52 am - Irvine, CA
Ok Im not really a water drinker 34 oz And thats it so what happens if u dont drink all the water does the weight take longer to come off ?

And after U loose ur weight do still need to drink all tha****er ?
XOXO Thanks for the Support            
Elaine2
on 4/9/11 6:08 am - Atlanta, GA
You really need to drink the fluids your surgeon's plan requires. Usually that's a minimum of 64 oz per day. That's not a new requirement....most physicians and med literature have been promoting this for years. Most of us just haven't complied until surgery.

Let me suggest, instead of saying you only do 34 oz and that's it...why not say....I'm up and moving around say 15 hours a day. For 64 oz, that's only 4.5 oz per hour...a drip more than 1/2 cup. You could get it all in that way.

Also, this is a life long decision...I would say drinking fluids is a life long commitment.

BriarRose
on 4/9/11 6:14 am
I STILL can't get that much in. And darn it, I try. My surgeon and nutritionist tell me to try to up it, and I do try, but it is a real struggle for me. Yes, the weight comes off slower, and that is my carrot at the end of the fishin' pole out there....that IF and WHEN I can get more in, that I will lose more.

I shouldn't count my coffee, but I do, and with my few cups of coffee in the mornings (and I do drink water before I start on my coffee !) I am getting in about..... 50 or so ounces a day. It's a challenge !!!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
NuevaMujer714
on 4/9/11 6:17 am - Irvine, CA
 Thanks for the support and help !! 4.5 oz doesnt sound bad every hour

You bot hare doing really good
XOXO Thanks for the Support            
Kitty1975
on 4/9/11 6:57 am - Canada
Sadly that is something i am struggling with. I can only manage usually 3 cups of fluids a day and my weight has been coming off slower than i like. But i have been trying hard every day to up my intake but it seems the more i do the less i am hungry. And since we focus on protein first its a problem for me. But i keep trying thats all we can do

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
abejita
on 4/9/11 7:04 am - dallas, TX
More important than slowing your weightloss is that if you don't drink enough, you will get dehydrated and end up in the hospital. Try, try, try to get all your fluids in.

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 7:33 am
While I was at the hospital my Dr asked me how I was doing with the water.  I told him I was having a hard time getting it down.  He had the nurse go get me some of the little plastic liquid medicine cups that each hold about an ounce.  He had me pour my water into those and drink an ounce of water every 15 mins.  It seemed really easy to do it that way and what I would do is set a kitchen timer to remind myself to drink.  A lot of the time I could drink 2 of those in the 15 minutes.  It taught me to sip my water slowly as I would take 2 or 3 sips to empty the vial.  By the time I went to bed at night I would have drank my required water plus some.  I don't have to set the timer anymore but I do set out 4 - 16.9oz bottles of water on my table and I know I have to drink all of them and hopefully one or two more a day but at least I get in the 4 which gives me my 64oz of water.  Usually now I try to get in two bottles by 2pm and 2 more before bed.
allypad64
on 4/9/11 8:07 am - henderson, NV
 THAT, my friend was (is) the biggest struggle for me!  I did end of in the hospital dehydrated so it was no fun.  I still don't drink what I am supposed to drink - but I try and I do count my coffee.  I don't think it affected my weight loss though - but I know my body needs more water and it is tough for me for some stupid reason....

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 10:46 am
Yup, I believe it does slow down weight loss from the research I've done.

Look into alternatives, Diet Peach Snapple is great, mix crystal lite with it, powerade zero or G2 (only if you don't mind some sugar/carbs).  Just find something and remember it's one sip at a time :)
Kristy R.
on 4/9/11 1:23 pm - Santa Clara, CA
 I started with the one ounce medicine cups too.  Now I use a timer, 8 oz/hour.  Everything I drink water out has measurement markers on the side so I can keep track of where I am.  I use the Camelback sipper most of the time and have no problem.  In fact, I have to slow it down most of the time.  I find a timer helps a lot, to help me keep track of when I have to stop/start drinking too.  I got a free timer app for my iPhone for when I am at work.  I also use my Outlook Calendar reminders to alert me at my desk.  That goes for my vitamins too.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views