Home safe & sound - 3-days post op

hollyoosa
on 4/10/11 10:21 am
VSG on 04/07/11 with
 Home has never been so wonderful! Our trip went great flying from San Antonio to Seattle but jeez was it long. Essentially I speant 10 hours on planes and in airports and I am so very pleased to be done. 
Surgery went well, Dr. Alvarez is amazing and I think my recovery has been super slick so far. I had some nausea the first day but they quickly remedied that with meds and I never reached the point of throwing up.
Now my only challenge seems to be the heartburn but I am taking my antacid and got some reccommendations for additional chewables to supplement the regiment. 
I am not hungry however I am daydreaming about chocolate and various other food items. I know its all in my head and I will be fine.
I am a little sore but even yesterday I was able to do the 10 minute walk to the store to buy chicken broth in the San Antonio heat so I would say I am doing great.
I just keep telling myself that time WILL pass and before I know it I will be a couple months out and this will all be a memory.
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and the prayers I could feel you with me the whole way. 
 How does one become a butterfly??
“You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.?
-Hope for Flowers

PaulaS
on 4/10/11 10:29 am - TX
Glad you are home and feeling well!   Mine was the day before yours!
What are you taking for your heartburn???   Mine wakes me up and hurts something horrible!   I am on Nexium that I take once a day....   I just took some pain medicine when I got up because it was too soon to take Nexium again...

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
hollyoosa
on 4/10/11 2:05 pm
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Currently I am taking 150 my of ranitidine 2x daily ( Mexico) but I am going to pick up some chewable gaviscon tomorrow which the team says you can take in addition .... Hoping for relief
 How does one become a butterfly??
“You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.?
-Hope for Flowers

Marie B.
on 4/10/11 10:33 am - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
Congrats on your sleeve!   Dr. Alvarez is amazing.  I did the River walk in San Antonio before I flew home.  Felt great.  Now the fun begins.  Follow the rules and you'll do great!
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

LittleMissSunshine
on 4/10/11 11:04 am
Whereabouts in WA are you?  I'm in Duvall (just east of Redmond)

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

sleeve genie
on 4/10/11 12:14 pm - Alhambra, CA
Congratulations,  so happy it all went so well for you.  Everyone i know who had surgery with him loves him and he makes a nice small sleeve. Sorry about the heartburn,  i never get it so can't offer any advice there but i have heard people asking and being allowed to take their ppi twice a day if needed.   I'm sure you'll do great  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

bursonc
on 4/10/11 1:21 pm
So glad you are home safe.  Can't wait to keep up with your progress.  Best of luck and prayers for a speedy recovery.
BJUpNorth
on 4/10/11 1:50 pm, edited 4/10/11 1:50 pm - MN
Welcome home and glad things went well for you. Take care of yourself and heal.

Best Wishes,
Brenda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 260 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views