tea

lalahamilton
on 4/13/11 6:27 am - KY
Has anyone drank the lipton diet green tea citrus in the bottle like a soft drink bottle.  Is it bad to drink you think?  I am 6 weeks today.  

peachynptc
on 4/13/11 6:33 am - Fayetteville, GA
I am from the South and we always drank Cold Sweet Tea. I had hot tea with nothing added in the hospital and it was pretty darn good.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Herbie55
on 4/13/11 6:43 am - MI
I hope it's not bad to drink it because I bought a case of it last week at Sam's Club.
laurak712
on 4/13/11 7:05 am - New Braunfels, TX
I drink that tea.  It probably has a little caffeine in it but I don't see anything else that would be wrong with it.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Marie B.
on 4/13/11 7:22 am - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
I have become an avid tea drinker since my VSG.  I tried the one you mentioned, it's OK, not great.  I'd check the carbs as well, lots of those bottled drinks actually have carbs.  I've found that since my VSG, I prefer hot drinks to cold ones.  There are lots of good herbal teas as well as good black and decaffeinated teas.  I know I have a hot cup of tea with me all my waking hours.  
                                   Marie
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

wife_of_a_soldier
on 4/13/11 8:59 am - WA

I am also an avid tea drinker. I am about four and half months out and have been drinking tea since three months out. As another poster said I try to stay away from the bottled stuff as well. More because of the sodium. Although I think there is under 100mg. in that product.

I really enjoy Starbucks Shaken Black Tea. I get it unsweetened, and it is like a treat for me. :)  

SW 253/CW 148/GW 150 (105 DOWN, GOAL IN 10 MONTHS!)

mylastchance
on 4/13/11 9:02 am
I didn't care for that one but I do drink the Arizona diet green tea with ginseng.  I really like it.  It has a sweet taste but has like no sugar, no carbs etc.  good stuff.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 9:18 am
I love that tea!  It's especially good on a hot summer day, how refreshing and crisp!  My husband likes it too.  I haven't had it since my surgery but soon I think!
MediumSoon
on 4/13/11 11:10 am - TX
Having one right now!! I don't have one every day but I LOVE it!!

tink2be
on 4/13/11 11:55 am - Waldorf, MD
Also always been an avid tea drinker. Always had a pitcher of iced tea in my fridge. That was the one thing that I thought I was going to have trouble with before and after surgery. But I started drinking Chrystal Lite iced tea before my surgery and I really like it. I buy the single serving pkgs. and carrry them with me everywhere. That way, if I am out I can order a cup of ice water and pour one in. They probably have green tea also. I don't know.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views