No Energy

Nancy M.
on 4/14/11 1:12 am
My VSG was March 17th.  I felt horrible at first but then after two weeks I was able to get around much better with lots of energy and excitement.  I was convinced I had done the right thing having this surgery.  NOW...a month later I have little to no energy.  I seem to be ok in the morning but by noon I'm exhausted.  I can hardly get in and out of the car or do much of anything else.  I am trying my best to get at least 70 grams of protein in a day and I take my vitamins.   I have noticed that my mouth is really dry and I think I might be dehydrated.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so .... how long does it last or what did you do to pep yourself up? 

Also.....I want to know if anyone has ever heard or tried Fusion Complete Nutrition?  There are two products.  One is a complete chewable vitamin and mineral supplement containing all the vitamins you need in one pill.  (woohoo) and the other is Fusion Complete Nutrition High Protein, Low-Carb Meal Replacement in either shaker bottles or packets.  I haven't been able to find this product at any of my vitamin shops but I saw the ad in OH Magazine so thought I would ask if anyone knows anything about these. 

Waiting anxiously for any suggestions or advice.  Thanks!  : )

Aweburn1965
on 4/14/11 1:19 am - Montague, MI
I has surgery 2 days before you and I feel the same way.  I have heard on here that we are tired for the first couple of months. I was hoping to be an exception! : )  By the time I get home from work all I can do is lay down on the couch for a while.  I hope it doesn't last much longer!

Sharon
Nancy M.
on 4/14/11 1:24 am
I hope it doesn't last much longer either, Sharon.   My body feels like it could sleep 24/7.  It's all I can do to just stay awake.  Let's hope its just a side effect of having had major surgery cause if I have to take any more pills or protein,  I think I'll gag (lol).   Thanks for your input.
cabcab
on 4/14/11 1:22 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Dehydration could be a factor.  Are you getting all of your fluids in?

I remember a few weeks after surgery I was shopping at Super Walmart and had to stop and rest on the seat in the shoe department.  Of course I had that same thought, "What did I do?"   But you will get past it!!  Now I have more energy than I have in years and you will, too!!

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Fusion Complete Nutrition.

Best wishes!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Nancy M.
on 4/14/11 1:28 am
Thank you.   I am trying to get fluids in.  What is normal on fluids including the protetin shakes?  I have been trying to drink two Pure Protein shakes a day (35 grams protein/each) and then water in between but I can barely get a bottle of water down a day.   How long after your Super Walmart rest stop was it before you starting feeling better?   And again......thank you for your advice and help.
sunny10
on 4/14/11 1:28 am
Are you taking BP medication?  Are you drinking all your water????
Sunny10    
Nancy M.
on 4/14/11 1:32 am
Yes.  I am on blood pressure medicine and as far as water goes....I try.  What is the norm for water?  I would love to say I drink more than a bottle of water a day ... but in all honesty I'm lucky if I can finish one bottle.  Any advice?  And, thank you for your response.
sunny10
on 4/14/11 1:39 am
My NUT recommends 64oz of fluid daily.  Check with your PCP about your BP medication, it might need adjusting....
Sunny10    
Nancy M.
on 4/14/11 1:53 am
I see someone on the 28th who will be able to tell me if my BP meds need adjusting.  To be honest I would love to get off of them completely.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Thank you again for your help.  I am going to try to increase my fluids starting today.
Tausha P.
on 4/14/11 1:42 am - Fergus Falls, MN
 I had surgery a week before you... I am also on BP meds, and yesterday I had to have my gall bladder out and to get the IV and the blood draws it was BAD... my veins were like shriveled up I was so dehydrated and I realized how important the fluids are, and that is probably why I haven't been feeling very good lately. Today I am dedicated to getting in 100 oz. I am healing up from a 2nd surgery in about a month, so I of course I am not going to notice a huge difference in energy- but lets hold each other accountable for fluids and see if that helps at all. I am horrible at it. And need motivation to get it all in! 
                    HW: 344 SW: 311 (33 lbs lost in pre-op diet) 
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.? ~Lao Tzu    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views