Struggling

carebare
on 4/13/11 1:41 pm - Canada
Hi there,

I had VSG surgery in June 2009...I got down to my goal weight of 145 within a year (My presurgery weight was 240).  I was doing great...excercising, eating right, and just plain being active. 

The past few months have been difficult. I feel like I'm finding myself all over again. This new body, this new me, etc.  I got lax and let is slip (eating/drinking things that I know I shouldn't, not going to the gym, and generally..just being an idiot). 

I've put on 20lbs...I'm 165.  I know it's not that bad, but I feel horrible and like I did at my highest weight. I want to get back to working out and going to the gym, but I'm afraid I won't do it and commit to it. Help..give me motivation/strength to go please!

Any one else ever feel like they've fallen off the wagon?  Any tips on how to get back on it?

Thanks!

tanieanie
on 4/13/11 1:52 pm - WI
How frustrating for you.   The thing is you recognize how you got to your goal in the first place and how you regained that 20.   You lost it once, So know that you have the tools and the ability to lose it again.  If you ever need a pick me up feel free to write me... we can encourage each other.

carebare
on 4/13/11 2:00 pm - Canada
Thanks...I will definately be taking you up on that Tamieanie!

Kelby F.
on 4/13/11 1:59 pm - Minot, ND
 Hey There- 

Although I have not hit goal, I have fallen off the wagon... 

I'm a HUGE HUGE advocate of planning.. Try planning out your meals.. Every Sunday I plan my meals for the week, do my grocery shopping, and then prepare what I can for my meals. It helps keep on track and from wandering out to get something I know I shouldn't be eating, because I know that I have something already planned/prepared at home.

Excerise is tough.. I "committed" to going to the gym, but I can't get that consistency going.. 

The thing that helps keep me focused on staying on track is knowing that feeling of seeing that scale move or even when it's not having my clothes get more loose on me. Even though that pizza or that big yummy margarita might be SOO good in the moment... it's only temporary.. going down a size in clothes.. or loosing X lbs... that sticks MUCH longer!!

Just focus on what you want and you can do anything!! Best to you!

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

sleeve genie
on 4/13/11 3:14 pm - Alhambra, CA
Sounds like you know what you need to do and you just have to do it.  I'm 165 and having a hard time losing this last 15 lbs,  so i'm going back to basics and see how that works out  lol  we got this,  we wanted this bad,  and we will fight to keep it, and we will be thankful for this great gift we have been given,  a healthier brighter future.  Did you ever write down your reasons for having this surgery,  I have a list i wrote and i read it sometimes and it helps,    Good luck to all of us  :o)  Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 250 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 318 views