Outback... "Before" and "After"....

mareacuda
on 4/17/11 2:54 am, edited 4/17/11 2:57 am - Las Vegas, NV
 The hubby and I went to Outback last night for dinner. I thought it would be interesting to compare what I ate last night vs. what I used to eat.

All I have to say is:  

Before: 

Bloomin' Onion Appetizer (Split between the 2 of us, even though it's SIX servings!)

775.95 Calories for MY HALF. 41.45 Grams of Fat. 

Caesar Side Salad: 

329.3 Calories, 26.4 Grams of Fat. 

Ribeye (10 oz) 

882.4 Calories, 74.2 Grams of fat. 

Loaded Baked Potato: 

505.4 Calories, 21.9 Grams of Fat. 

PLUS DRINKS (Wine, Beer, Margaritas, etc... which I don't even want to think about!) LOL

TOTAL: 2,493.05 Calories, not including beverages. 

Last night: 

Seared Ahi Tuna Appetizer (err, "Aussie-tizer" lol)  354.9 Calories, 23.3 grams of fat. 

I SPECULATE that the majority of the fat in this comes from the "sauces" on the side which I used extremely sparingly (the tuna is delicious on it's own) I used maybe... 1/4 of the sauce (conservatively) AND the hubby ate about 1/3 of the dish. LOL. 

Drink? Water... which I didn't drink with my meal, but got in a to go cup... drank it on the drive home :) We had gone on a little day trip, so it was a 2 hour drive.

Total for tonight? 354 Calories. (Actually... probably much closer to 250...) 

Have I mentioned lately that I my sleeve? 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Jenijeni
on 4/17/11 2:57 am
Woohooooo! We're totally cheap dates now!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Jan G.
on 4/17/11 3:09 am - WI
What an excellent "real" post..thank you for bringing this to our attention. Does make you think how we ate so unconsciously and just wolfed down so many unhealthy foods in tremendous portions.

Yes learning how to eat better, smaller portions=amazing

Thanks again

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

mareacuda
on 4/17/11 3:17 am - Las Vegas, NV
 You are very welcome Jan :-) 

When I decided to look up the information... I was so embarassed...

I decided to post because hopefully others can relate and understand that while it might be embarassing, it's all about knowledge and moving forward in our journey. 

faylavi
on 4/17/11 3:58 am - Laurel, MD
 Sometime knowledge is not power...it just hurts

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Kristy R.
on 4/17/11 3:48 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Isn't is AMAZING the crap we used to put in our bodies?  It was NOTHING, in fact common - for me to start a Sunday with some donuts - probably FOUR donuts.  Then go to 5 Guys Burger for lunch.  And then round off the day with pizza or something.  Plus snacks.  I mean - REALLY?  And what was the pay off?  I guzzled it all down so fast that it would be what - 5 - 10 minutes of false pleasure?  And 100 extra pounds and terrible health!  And the things is - I have always enjoyed freshly prepared foods that are good for me - but the other stuff was just so much easier to get, and tasty as well.  Because I was lazy.  Now, I am looking forward to hitting the famer's markets and making things.  I mean, I live in Northern , the SF Bay Area, California - there is NOTHING I cannot get fresh and organic here.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

mareacuda
on 4/17/11 3:57 am - Las Vegas, NV
 Totally amazing... 

I agree, I used to eat and eat... but I never really enjoyed it for more than a few minutes. 

TOTALLY jealous, I live in Las Vegas, not much grows here :-( We are planning to relocate and the top things on my list for our new city are that it has to have a GREAT farmers market, bike trails, and awesome schools for our future babies. 

Funny how things change... LOL
faylavi
on 4/17/11 3:57 am - Laurel, MD
Beautiful but cheap date

Rock that sleeve!

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

mareacuda
on 4/17/11 4:15 am - Las Vegas, NV
 Oh, I'm rockin it. 
cabcab
on 4/17/11 9:14 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I used to go to Outback and get the Outback Special Sirloin (11 oz.), baked potato with butter, cheese and bacon bits, house salad with mustard vinaigrette.  I could eat a whole loaf of their bread and get extra butter for it.

Last time I went I ordered the "Joey Sirloin" off the kids menu with green beans (without butter.)  It lasted me three meals!

I have to admit though...  I really miss the bread and butter.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 67 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views