First gain ever...

thinnermama
on 4/17/11 11:10 pm
and I know just how it happened. At first I was feeling really down about it, I've gained about 5 pounds recently, but I did some emotional eating last week for the first time really since surgery and although I wasn't stuffing myself, i was eating all day for a couple of days before I really noticed what I was doing! Anyway, I actually have a new perspective on it because I know that all I need to do is go back to eating the way I am supposed to and I should be okay...first time in my life I've felt truly IN CONTROL of it once I've fallen off "the wagon" so to speak.
I've started blogging my journey here at OH

Single incision lap VSG 10/21/2010

Height 5'2
Pre-op weight: 260
Day of surgery: 240
Current weight: 190

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/11 11:21 pm
 Wow. I can't wait to feel that kind of control. When I fall off the wagon now it takes sooo long to get back on. It's like falling down a mountain and having to climb back up only to find it got steeper! It's great to have some control to look forward to!
thinnermama
on 4/17/11 11:22 pm
It really is so much better now than it used to be. It used to be that I would spiral down for days or weeks. I know *exactly* how it happened and *exactly* how to stop it and get back on track.  I love that if I just do what I know I am supposed to, I will be right back on track. It's freeing.
I've started blogging my journey here at OH

Single incision lap VSG 10/21/2010

Height 5'2
Pre-op weight: 260
Day of surgery: 240
Current weight: 190

MediumSoon
on 4/18/11 11:46 am - TX
Oh my gosh! I could have written that!! But I never thought of it that way. For the first time ever one day off the wagon doesn't worry me because I KNOW it won't turn into two. It's SOOOOOO do-able to get right back on track. And I don't hesitate for a SECOND to get rid of clothes the minute they get a little baggy - b/c I KNOW I'm never going back there!! Thanks for the perspective!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 61 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 61 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 241 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views