HAD A LITTLE TALK WITH JESUS

Eula "Evie" R.
on 4/18/11 1:34 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi All,

Sorry I was having a bad evening yesterday. Thank you all for coming to help me, I feel you are my family. and I love you all and pray for you all and I know God sent me here and sent you here at OH to help one another.

Ok, my real problem was I felt like I was letting My God down. I thought is God going to be upset at me for having the lack of faith to not put this in his hands and he will help me get the weight off. I mean I was really getting scared about this, I am not crazy, just a God fearing person. Ok, this morning I thought I really need to talk to my pastor or his wife and I called, but they were not home. So I started talking to God in my head, we had a conversion that way this moring. I thought what am I  going to do Lord, I surely don't want you to feel that I have lack of faith in you. You are almighty. The Lord let me remember a few things. When you started trying to get approved for this surgery, you prayed, and I was there every step of the way with you. As far as needing me, you are going to need me more than ever to help you walk each day with this for the rest of your days on earth. I know It didn't work out the way you were dieting and gaining, sure you needed me then, but daughter you are going to learn to even lean on me a whole lot more this way. I am not upset with you. You prayed everday for this surgery and remember, you said if you were not approved easy the first time you knew I meant this is not for you. You were approved just as soon as the ins co got the papers in there hand very easy and fast. So I am at peace with this surgery finally. This had me so upset but was really afraid to talk to anyone about this, I guess I was afraid of people would say or think. I don't care any more what prople think about the surgery, my father let me know he is here and always will be here for me. I love you, Jesus.

Just wanted to let you all know what was really botheringr me, and I had to realize this for my self what was going on with me. I know this is long. I am ready to get started .

God Bl;ess you all,
Evie

Cleosan52
on 4/18/11 1:43 am - Youngstown, OH
I posted this to fellow OHer Ginger just this morning...
  "His peace passes all understanding.  Some people look at that and don't realize that it requires faith to get that peace sometimes.  I'm so glad you found that you just have to "Let Go and Let God..." sometimes.  When we give Him that cross to bear, we try to take it back, but He doesn't want to give it back to us but he loves us too much to dictate and demand, tell us what to do.  I love His cross though.  I can handle love and compassion, lol!"

I think I was the only one totally at peace with myself and God at the beginning.  He will open the doors but we have to pick up our foot and take the step through them.  I too was approved immediately and everything just fell into place accordingly.  

The morning of my surgery, my pastor came to pray with me.  He admitted he had doubt himself.  When he was praying befor seeing me, God told him, worry for nothing, everything is going to be okay, I got her. She put everything into my hands.

Keep up the great work and stay strong!

HW: 324/ SW: 291/ CW: 218 Pre-Op: 33 lbs---1st Month: 24 lbs---2nd Month:14 lbs---3rd Month:11 lbs---4th Month: 8 lbs---5th Month: 5 lbs---6th Month:6 lbs---7th Month:4 lbs---8th Month: 0 (bouncing the same 5 lbs all month)---9th Month: ?
BriarRose
on 4/18/11 1:49 am
Evie,

I'm Jewish, so my opinion may or may not be worth anything to you in terms of your religious belief system, but I felt compelled to write.

I think of it this way: G-d provided us with free choice, to make decisions for ourselves. In HIS abundant wisdom he had given different skills to each of us, including our doctors and surgeons. This wonderous sleeve is a tool for us to use to insure that our bodies are strong, and gives us the ability to help others, to nurture our families, to do good works.

We would never question that we NEED to take insulin to survive were we diabetic -- that we should cure ourselves ? (well, there are religions that DO this, so maybe I shouldn't speak so fast!) But it is my belief that the discoveries of science and medicine are there for our use, and we would br foolish not to use it.

You will need your inner sterength to travel this road, of the sleeve, and your relationship with yor religious beliefs will be needed at every turn. What others say to you, or their opinions isn't what matters. I have told very few people about my surgery. I don't need the negative in my life. When people tell me how great I look, or ask if I changed my hair; I just thank them graciously for noticing, and go about my day. My body, my decisions, my life.

Best of luck to you !!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Lananala
on 4/18/11 2:02 am - CA
Hey there!

Ahhh frustrating... I wrote a long reply and somehow lost it... Here it is again.. Abbreviated

I too had these doubts! I had prayed to God for him to answer my prayers about surgery in the way that was right for me. When I received my approval, I was so happy. Then those pesky doubts came in. Maybe the doctors office was wrong. Maybe aetna would reevaluate. Then I felt bad because I was doubting when I knew God had already answered my prayers. One day I was reading the bible and came across these verses and totally helped me.

Mark 11 verses 22-24

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to the mountain, Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Reminded me that I am not in control and ton have faithnin He that does.

Hope you have a great day!
Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

boomercd
on 4/18/11 2:07 am - OH
Just a little talk with Jesus makes it right.

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

Becca20015
on 4/18/11 3:42 am
Amen!   and having faith the size of a mustard seed.   All will be fine.
trulovewaits724
on 4/18/11 4:32 am
I myself was in your same shoes. I prayed about it and left it in God's hand. I said if it be in Your will let me have the surgery. I got an approval letter so quick! I did all my pre-op testing, w/o a problem besides the ekg. My PCP wouldn't approve me, the enemy really tried to get me. But I surely flipped it on him! I was like im getting the surgery b/c God said so. I went in for another ekg and no problems. Then the day of surgery was amazing!!! The lady that checked me in was a Christian, she even prayed with me. All my nurses were Christians and all they all wished me blessings. God has His hands in everything, so be encouraged Evie! Thank you Jesus for granting us favor in all things!
SpiceyMom
on 4/18/11 4:36 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Thank you for sharing that! I, too, have struggled with that guilt. So glad you're feeling more at peace with your decision. I love Jesus, too!
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
Eula "Evie" R.
on 4/18/11 5:28 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Thank you all so very much for your up lifting words.
God Bless

Hislady
on 4/18/11 8:40 am - Vancouver, WA
I think all of us who are Christians have that very same thought!  I figure it was God who put these procedures into the doctor's minds in the first place. Our God uses doctors to do the actual physical work here on earth so we are in excellent hands between being in His hands and the docs hands! You go girl with all the confidence in the world and soon you will be a skinny mini!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views