Marshmallow Peeps tried to kill me!!!!!

Laura C.
on 4/19/11 3:59 am - Fairfield, PA
I used to love marshmallow peeps before my sleeve... I could eat a whole box without blinking an eye!  Well,  I was out running errands one evening and I picked up a small box (as a treat).  BIG MISTAKE!!!  I ate about 3 over the course of a few hours.  Between being busy with my errands and not being hungry after my "treat"... I completely forgot to eat dinner.  All of a sudden  everything started spinning, I broke out in a cold sweat, my heart was racing, and my entire body was shaking!  The only thing I could think of was that I was having one hell of a blood sugar drop and I needed to eat (I actually remembered reading a post on OH by a woman who had a very similar experience... although, I dont' think her's was "peep" related)!  Thankfully, I saw a Taco Bell at the next intersection.  I placed my order (beans and cheese with some chicken on the side) and found a spot in the parking lot.  I sat there and ate for about 30 minutes before I started to feel better. 

This experience completely terrified me!!  It was dark out (about 9:30 in the evening), I was totally by myself and I was in an unfamiliar town!!    I was about to call a friend and let them know where I was (incase things got worse) about the time I began to feel better.  Big lesson learned that night!!!!!

NOT TO SELF:  NEVER EAT MARSHMALLOW PEEPS FOR DINNER!!! 

njmom5870
on 4/19/11 4:12 am
Sure sounds like a sugar crash!  I am also a peep lover and had 2 the other day.  I felt guity and I can say it was not worth it.  I enjoy my sugar-free popscicles more!
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

Jenijeni
on 4/19/11 4:15 am
Stay AWAY from the deadly Peeps!

We would buy a big pack and my dad would open them and put them on top of the fridge ( to get stale!). A week later, we had crunchy peeps! My little bro and I would butter a mug and drop in a peep and nuke it until it got HUGE... Then grab a spoon and eat em out of the cup... Like a roared marshmallow!

Ok... Enough about what I'm NOT going to have for Easter this year! Protein shake anyone?

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Lalamonkey
on 4/19/11 5:36 am - GA
OMG Jeni - We did stale peeps too!!!  Also did the micro trick (on a plate) and watched the peeps grow!
anninva
on 4/19/11 4:43 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Peeps!!!  i suggest that everyone go to the Washington Post webiste and find their Peeps contest.  the best one is the Split Peep Soup factory!  Revenge on the evil Peeps.  sorry i don't know how to add a link!  ;-)

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Kristy R.
on 4/19/11 6:54 am - Santa Clara, CA
On April 19, 2011 at 11:43 AM Pacific Time, anninva wrote:
Peeps!!!  i suggest that everyone go to the Washington Post webiste and find their Peeps contest.  the best one is the Split Peep Soup factory!  Revenge on the evil Peeps.  sorry i don't know how to add a link!  ;-)

LOL, saw that on Yahoo, so funny.  There used to be a website on ways to kill peeps, that was hysterical
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Jennchap
on 4/19/11 4:47 am - CA
 i nibbled a peeps tail yesterday… I felt guilty and spit it out… it was delightful to say the least
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

MN_Mama
on 4/19/11 4:49 am
Sounds a lot like dumping syndrome or a hypoglycemic diabetic reaction.   Dumping syndrome happens much more commonly after having Gastric Bypass, but can happen with the sleeve.  If you are/were diabetic, your story is scary. 
I guess 3 peeps don't sound like much, but compared to 2 oz of food per meal, they would take up quite of bit of nutritional space in a day.  
More for me to learn!!    I'm glad you're OK now.  Thanks for sharing. 

Kristy R.
on 4/19/11 6:55 am - Santa Clara, CA
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

kimberly_gr
on 4/19/11 8:25 am
OMG--LMAO!
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views