No Intrest in food!

heardb
on 4/21/11 11:59 am - GA
Am I the only one with this feeling? I want nothing to do with food...I had some soup and after a few spoon fulls I was sick to my stomach. Mind you I'm using a baby spoon.
sleeve genie
on 4/21/11 12:02 pm - Alhambra, CA
i went into this expecting this outcome but for me it didn't happen.   Still LOVE food,  kinda wish i didn't  :o)  jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

heardb
on 4/21/11 12:17 pm - GA
I don't love food, but with all the food shows, avertisments ect. you can help but to think about it. But when I think about all the pain I had them thoughts goes out of the window.
Jasonm11
on 4/21/11 12:03 pm
I was like that at first, and to an extent still am. It is difficult to get motivated to eat when your dinner is essentially limited to a few bites. As you are allowed to get into more solid food, you will have to learn creative flavors and seasonings to make food enjoyable again. I have always loved cooking but have found since surgery, to enjoy it I have to try new flavors and seasonings. It is so easy to become repetitive that keeping my tastes buds guessing keeps me happy with my meals. But as for hunger, I still haven't had it. i eat because I know I have to. I make it as enjoyable as I can so that I won't look at eating as a chore.
Gracieteddy
on 4/21/11 12:03 pm - IA
The only thing I like besides my drinks is peanut butter I have a teaspoon a couple times a day. How long ago was your surgery?

heardb
on 4/21/11 12:14 pm - GA

My surgery was two weeks ago yesterday. I love peanut butter, but it's nots on my list!

Gracieteddy
on 4/21/11 11:38 pm - IA
Congrats! I felt much better at 4 weeks out!

James M.
on 4/21/11 12:24 pm - Providence, RI
Have patience my friend! You're only a couple weeks out and in the beginning of the soft & pureed stage...I just read your blog...you'll have so many more NSV's like the boxers...LOL...gotta love it when the drawers fall off...I'm a boxer-brief guy & I've been 'falling out' of mine...they act like regular boxers cuz they so big! LOL

I know in the first 5 weeks it seems the progression back to regular food seems to take sooo damn long, but you have a tool now that will help you become a new you, a healthier you and most importantly an 'alive' you for many years to come...in two-three months you'll be saying to yourself "Hell, I don't even remember those first couple weeks...they're history"...and you will be 'rockin your sleeve'...and getting back into all those old clothes you've grown out of...thankfully I'm a pack rat & had all my old pants & suits! LOL It's the best decision I ever made, wish I had done it sooner...but I couldn't get docs to consider me till I met w/my surgeon...he's the bomb in my book!

Next month I'm going to be the VSG Spokesperson at the info seminars at the hospital each month, and I hope to take the certification class to become a support group leader...I already talk to everyone I come across about it! LOL I'm fortunate to have a very supportive employer, friends, family & customers that are in my corner...

Best of luck to you on your journey and if you have any questions, shoot me a note!

James
Gracieteddy
on 4/21/11 11:36 pm - IA
It sounds like you will be a great support leader! Keep up the good work!

wert
on 4/21/11 12:57 pm - MN
Isn't it great? I hope this never goes away, but I fear it's just temporary. For the first time since I can remember, I feel like I'm not out of control when it comes to food. I love my lack of interest in it. It sure makes losing a lot easier. I came to realise I felt like I was force-feeding myself all the time. At that point I gave myself permission to do the best I could. If I wasn't hungry, then I didn't have to eat. When I went in for my 6-week appointment both the doctor and NUT told me not to worry too much, YET, about not getting in enough calories and to do my best with protein and liquids.  

Anyway, I can usually only eat about 1/4 cup of food and I'm done. Life's good.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 185 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 453 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 480 views