So annoyed and frustrated!

GavinC
on 4/20/11 1:27 pm
Damn it!  79lbs down and I STILL can't get in to the next smaller size.  WTF?
Kelby F.
on 4/20/11 1:39 pm - Minot, ND
 It took me over 50lbs to go down a pant size... that being said 45lb more I have gone down 2 to 3 size depending on brand. 

It will happen... Sometimes our body just wants to be an ass hole and make us frustrated. We just have to learn to be patient and know things will change when the body is ready. 

Keep your head up!

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 1:46 pm
 I feel your pain.  I also have to lose a lot of weight to move down in sizes.  I think for me is because I lose (and gain) very proportionally through my whole body so even though I lose a good amount each individual area only goes down a little 
sleeve genie
on 4/20/11 2:01 pm, edited 4/20/11 8:30 pm - Alhambra, CA
I hear you ,  it can be very frustrating.  I realized that getting upset and anxious doesn't help.  I just have to have faith that it is working and it is happening.  Try to think about how good you have done.  I watch this guy on youtube,  i love him, anyway,  one of his videos is about be proud of what you did right,  not what you might have done wrong,,  or even not done anything wrong but its not going like you want it to go.  Realize that it is happening,  look at you 79lbs  that's great  and you will get there,  just not necessarily the way you see it happening.   I feel i am kinda just along for the ride and i try to be grateful for this opportunity for a better life.  But its certainly not happening the way i thought it would.  There are so many other wonderful things happening in so many other parts of my life and I am a work in progress.   And it will happen,  any day now.   Aint it great,  smaller sizes are right around the corner.   for you and for me,  for all of us.  i can't wear my size 12 out, lol  i can zip them but probably not breathe so i'm almost there too!!  lets all enjoy the ride  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

jluvsme
on 4/20/11 6:40 pm - HI
I also feel your pain and totally echo Jeani's words of wisdom!  Some of us just don't have the kind of body that fits with clothes easily. 

And am I crazy but as I lose weight it seems like the extra skin and flab around my hips and lower tummy are getting bigger?  Like it's all sliding down.... I can totally see that in a few years when I can afford the tummy tuck I will probably change pants sizes due to all that extra sag getting removed. 
borntobethin35
on 4/20/11 9:26 pm - VA

Your other choice could be: Go down sizes but not really weight....

That's what's happening to me. I'm dropping sizes like crazy but the numbers on the scale are disappointing.....

So which would you rather have, losing weight but not sizes or losing sizes but not weight? Only you could answer that....

I think you are doing wonderful with your weight loss!

Sheka

HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

Jenn H.
on 4/20/11 10:50 pm - Portland, OR
 I'm at that stage where my 26s are falling off but the damn 24s still won't button! 

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

ccbelle14
on 4/21/11 12:11 am - Minneapolis, MN
It sounds like you're losing in places like your ankles, wrists, fingers, toes, arms, neck, etc...all places that don't necessarily put you down a smaller size! Frustrating, yes, but you're still losing!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views