1.5wks out and cant tolerate soups etc.!!!!

Jennifer M.
on 4/23/11 6:33 am - Goodyear, AZ
 I am 1.5wks out and cant seem to tolerate any type of cream soup!!! ANY!!! I get incredibly nauseous when I try to eat any of them! I can handle: water, popsicles, milk, protein drinks, slow eating cottage cheese and yogurt. But soup, no way, not even really really slow!!!! UGH!!!! 
It is starting to kinda freak me out although I am sure this too will pass in time!
Has anyone else had this issue? How long did this last? I am getting afraid of the evil soup!!!! hahaha
 ...a work in progress...    
smilinmomof3
on 4/23/11 6:39 am - MI
You don't have to eat soup do you?? Wait a week or so and see if it's better then. Do other hot things bother you? Maybe it's because of that? 

WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

jmart76
on 4/23/11 6:41 am
 I had my surgery on 4/6 and I just skipped right over the whole creamed soup thing for that reason. It also felt heavy too. Mashed potatoes and yogurt feel heavy also so I don't eat them either. I think you just have to eat whatever feels right. I do like cottage cheese. It seems to be a staple food right now. Good luck. 

Ht 5'6 
Surgery Date: April 6, 2011
Wt at surgery was 232

Jennifer M.
on 4/23/11 6:45 am - Goodyear, AZ
 I seem ok with my hot herbal teas so I don't think its temp.

Maybe it's simply too much for baby sleevie and I just need to chill out for awhile. Back to broth I guess. But thats ok cause I make my own with chicken and fresh veggies cooked forever then I strain off the solids and YUMMY!!!!  
 ...a work in progress...    
emelar
on 4/23/11 8:03 am - TX
Back off of them.  Just 'cause our docs clear us for foods doesn't mean sleevie is ready for them.  Give it another 5-7 days and try again!
Jennifer M.
on 4/23/11 9:48 am - Goodyear, AZ
 Thanks for your advice everyone!!! Deeply appreciated!!!
I will just wait another week or so. 
 ...a work in progress...    
Kelly-AnneH
on 4/23/11 12:20 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Are you allowed to blend your own homemade soup (making sure it's thin enough, of course) and have that instead of canned cream soup? I'm not anywhere near surgery yet, but have been thinking about the post-op diet and wondering about making your own "full fluid" and mushie foods from fresh ingredients instead of "packet food."

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views