Am u hungry?

R3lle80zbaby
on 5/6/11 6:45 am - GA
I am at day 2 post up and I can't tell if I'm hungry or not. My stomach is making these load grumbly noises but is it the gas from surgery? I don't feel hungry I'm trying to eat some jello that I'm not too fond of, not that it's nasty but I still think I'm a Lil too swollen because every sip of water or Lil sliver of jello I take I get this tight feeling in my chest...

Can anyone help me to figure out how to eat or when to eat????

chrissycookit
on 5/6/11 6:50 am - Rensselaer, NY
It's deff gas moving around...keep walking around to get it out......try to just do fluids for now...maybe the jello is too early for you...good luck with everything...keep us posted.

R3lle80zbaby
on 5/6/11 6:54 am - GA
What should I drink? I haven't wanted to try anything outside of water or room temp tea with a packet of splenda...
sleeve genie
on 5/6/11 7:04 am - Alhambra, CA
You're still very swollen, conrats on the surgery,  you might try sipping on a protein drink  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Miss_C
on 5/6/11 7:17 am - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
Hi there welcome to the losers bench and congrats on your sleeve.
Those rumbling noises are common, mine weren't too bad but Ive seen people write about how loud theirs were, even keeping them up at night.
My Dr had me sip on water, diluted apple juice, sugar free jello & Popsicles and protein shakes for the first week starting with a couple sips every 15 minutes to keep hydrated. You are not going to be hungry for awhile but make sure you get in your fluids....very important. Walk sip, walk and then sip some more. I was to work my way from a sip or two to a cup as best and comfortably as I could up until the time I was to see him for my 2 week post-op. 

Good luck to you, hope you have a nice easy recovery! 
*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

emelar
on 5/6/11 7:27 am - TX
It's probably a combination of gas and stomach acid.  Does your doc have you on a PPI?  If not, call and ask for a prescription/recommendation for one.

As far as drinking is concerned, water, decaf tea, decaf coffee, crystal light, any of the zero calorie drinks, popsicles, fudgesicles.  Try different temperatures to see what your tummy will tolerate best.  I could have jello, but my dietitian wanted us to "water it down" for the first few weeks.  I couldn't figure out how to "water down" jello, so I just skipped it.

Tiny sips and wait between sips to see if anything happens.  The first month is all about patience and trying things slowly.
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 9:50 am, edited 5/6/11 9:51 am

The ice from Sonic was a good friend my first week.

I wish you success!!!!!!!!
cabcab
on 5/6/11 11:40 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Soni**** is the best!

My stomach made lots of grumbly noises for quite some time, but not so much anymore.

You might just have a really swollen tummy.  I know that when I drink (or eat) too much too fast I feel it as tightness in my chest, not in my belly like before surgery if I ate too much.  Just try to get in what you can with tiny sips or tiny bites of jello.  As the swelling goes down you'll be able to have more and more.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views