Is this really happening???!!!!

nuyvon79
on 5/9/11 9:49 am
Ok, I got my surgery date a few weeks ago, July 13. Still a couple of months away so I was mentally and trying to physically prepare for this life changing thing I am about to go through. My mind was set and satisfied with waiting two months. I have vacation planned and time to prepare at work and everything. Well, I got a call today from my surgeon's office. There was a cancellation on this Wednesday May the 11th and they want to see if I can come in tomorrow to do my preop for surgery on Wednesday! My reaction was "uhhh uhhh uhhh, as in the day after tomorrow?" I can't believe it, the first thing I did was call my boss and talk about how I would prepare to be off work for two weeks. She said I should be fine and gave me the go ahead. I am having mixed emotions about this. Yes I am sure I want to do this, but it just came as such a shock. I did call last week and ask if they were able to move it up by one week, but 2 whole months, whoa. Anyway, its a no brainer, I am going to do it, but I'm still a little apprehensive.  And how safe is it that I am going in so quickly. I thought I was supposed to fast or something before the procedure. I was told all clear liquids tomorrow and to take milk of magnesium. Preop appointment tomorrow as well. This is making my head spin now. What do you guys think? Please send your well wishes and blessings this way. I still can't believe this.........

SW: 281 CW: 202
Only got one shot to do this thing called life, and I'm gonna make it a winner     
jakebsmommy
on 5/9/11 9:52 am - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13
mine was the same way.  I was scheduled for the following week and the called me and I did mine within 2 days.  Its alot to process but well worth it!!!! It will be ok
shekicks
on 5/9/11 9:54 am - Dallas, GA
Absolutely go for it!  Just think, by the time you would have had your surgery, you will already be down quite a bit of weight and on your way to a heathier life!  I am definitely sending you blessings and prayers for an easy surgery and quick recovery!  

Beverly 

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

Paula622
on 5/9/11 10:14 am
Consider it a blessing!  So many people are on here posting about how their surgeries got cancelled or moved back, etc.  This is awesome news!  Just think how excited you'll be when your July surgery date comes and you're already two months ahead on the weight loss!  I can definitely understand how it would be hard to wrap your head around all of this, but it really is a great opportunity!  Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

nuyvon79
on 5/9/11 10:24 am
Thank you guys for the support. You are all right. July will get here and I will already be well into my journey and recovered just fine. I am so greatful for this opportunity, I'm still just so shocked tho....lol. I am ready to get in surgery and out into recover and get back to work. How long were any of you guys off work? I really can't afford to be off more than 2 weeks. Even though I have short term disablity, I really need to be at work to help out.

SW: 281 CW: 202
Only got one shot to do this thing called life, and I'm gonna make it a winner     
_rebecca
on 5/9/11 10:31 am, edited 5/9/11 10:32 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Go for it!!!  You will do amazing!  Hugs and best wishes~
I took off two weeks and I was just fine when I went back to work (I am a teacher).  I was tired and had to take naps when I got home for the first few days.
NoEscape21
on 5/9/11 10:44 am - Apopka, FL
You are going to do amazing ! There is a good lil group of us all getting sleeved May 11th! Yay for surgery twins (or at this point we are all at least octuplets LOL) CONGRATS!
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

sleeve genie
on 5/9/11 10:50 am - Alhambra, CA
That's great news,  less time to worry about it.  You have already made up you mind to do it so i say yeah for you ,  go for it.  Not everyone has to do the pre op diet,  clear liquids the day before is all you really need to do.   I'm so happy for you.  Wishing you as easy a time of it as i had,  i took off two weeks but probably could have gone back after one.  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Ronetta G.
on 5/9/11 10:52 am - NV
I am sending my blessing your way, congratulations! You will feel and look more beautiful by the time July rolls around. This is a blessing from above

exitrealtor4u
on 5/9/11 11:08 am, edited 5/9/11 11:14 am - MD
I'm so happy for you. Get excited, you're life is about to change for the better. A whole new lifestyle, a whole new you. You're already fabulous, just imagine what you're going to be in 6 months. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS AND DRINK/EAT YOUR PROTEIN EVERY DAY!!! I cannot stress that enough. Protein keeps your hair healthy and shiny no matter if you've had surgery or not. This surgery takes a toll on your hair. Take your vitamins and get your required amount of protein. I'm so happy for you. I wish you the best!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views