hicups

tanieanie
on 5/13/11 2:32 am - WI
Since my surgery last month, I get the hicups every single time I eat or drink.  Anyone know why?

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 2:59 am
I get hiccups softly at first but they can become much worse.  It is usually (for me) a sign that I am full up.
Jasonm11
on 5/13/11 3:01 am
I get hiccups once I 'eat enough' and need to quit eating...
Chino67
on 5/13/11 3:04 am - Canada
I get them too. It is when I am full, and sometimes they hurt and thats when I am really to full :) Also when I need to slow down when eatting and drinking

First 30 days 31lbs
Crimson
on 5/13/11 3:06 am - MD
I get hiccups when I am full
tanieanie
on 5/13/11 3:09 am - WI
ahhhh  ok      now I know.  LOL

Crunchy As Can Be
on 5/13/11 3:31 am - NY
Hiccups are a spasmic response to stimulation of your diaphragm, the muscle which assists in the inflation of your lungs during breathing. The esophagus, stomach and diaphragm are in such close quarters that if your stomach is too full, or if you eat something that gets "stuck" in your esophagus, it could stimulate your diaphragm to spasm and you'll have hiccups.

Use it as a sign that you need to slow down, chew things better, or stop eating and rest for awhile.
 ~~Emily~~

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 4:58 am
I also get them when I am full- although they have started to go away now and now I am burping.
MS.LISA
on 5/13/11 6:30 am - Salem, OR
I am further out and I used to get them when I get full not to much any more now I get them when I have to cough don't know why but sometimes that's what happens. I kinda miss the hiccups after I eat it used to be a way to know that I'm full.

KrisJ77
on 5/13/11 6:58 am - TX
Yep! I get them too - or a tiny burp - lets me know "Kris, back away from the table!"...lol!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views