3 weeks and 30 pounds!

Lisa S.
on 5/17/11 12:24 am - TX
Well, today marks 3 weeks since my surgery and I am down 30 pounds!!!  I am so excited. My next big scale moment is when I get under 200. I cannot wait for that to happen. Just 26 pounds to go for that one!

One weird thing is that I cannot really "see" the 30 pound loss? Was anyone else like that? A friend of mine told me it was water weight (LOL!) but even water has mass. You'd think you could actually see a loss of 30. That's a carry-on piece of luggage! lol

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 12:32 am
CONGRATS LISA--if I didnt know better I would of thought I wrote this! :) I am in the same boat- I am down 33 lbs- and I dont "See" it as much as I do "Feel" it and I am very excited to hit my goal to be under 200 also! Isnt it so weird!! I feel like I am dreaming!

I bought a 10lb barbell- and I was caryying it to my car it was getting heavy and I realized how only a month ago I was carrying around 3 of those! CRAZY!

Lisa S.
on 5/17/11 12:37 am - TX
You're absolutely right! I do FEEL it too. To be fair, I know my clothes are looser, I don't know if I'd venture to say I could go down a size, but I'm going to shop today, and we will see! I feel tons better already. My doc said I'd be very tired the first month, and to be honest, I only felt that way about a week. I'm going full steam, and I love it.

Congrats on your loss too! That's incredible! :) We could race to the 199.9 mark! :)

queen R.
on 5/17/11 12:33 am - enid, OK
30 pounds of water?  Nope.  Good job!!

Lisa S.
on 5/17/11 12:38 am - TX
I know, right??? lol All I could do is smile and nod in agreement..but I was seriously wondering if she really thought that was right! To be honest, I don't care if it's water, vodka, or fat. I just am glad to be down 30 pounds. 30 pounds is 30 pounds, no matter how you cut it.

Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 12:37 am
Congratulations!  I totally understand not seeing it.  I am down about 40lbs and so far have not even changed sizes other than my bra which I went from a 46 DD to a 44D.  My pants are just a bit loose in the waist but not so you would notice.  I have had family members tell me my face is thinner and I do see that as I am down to one chin now...LOL!  So I guess I have lost 40 lbs of boobs and face...!  I guess some people lose it in different places as I read over and over here on this forum about people who have lost less weight than I have and started at higher weights who are now buying size 16 or 12 and I keep wondering how that is possible when I am still wearing size 24/26 which are fitting fine.  Its just an individual thing so don't let it get you down, just stay on the diet and keep working.
Lisa S.
on 5/17/11 12:44 am - TX
Thanks, Stephanie! I'm going to the mall today to try on clothes. I started at a 20, so I'll be happy with an 18. I am not discouraged at all. I am so happy. Just the fact that I FEEL better is a victory for me. I know the clothes sizes will start dropping soon enough.

Good luck to you! :) Thanks again!
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 2:12 am - CA
Congrats! That's fantastic, Lisa.  I'm down 30 since surgery too and It's hard for me to see, other than all the clothes I just got rid of.  Keep it going, Hawaii is coming!
Lisa S.
on 5/17/11 2:52 am - TX
Yes, Mr. Waffle! Hawaii is tomorrow! Can you believe it? Not that I will strut proudly on the beach yet, but this lil mama is getting some sun! I wonder how bad it would be to have 1 adult flavored beverage on the beach? lol

:D

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 6:42 am - CA
Yeah, I think you're going to need to post a pic when you get back, strutting on the beach and sipping a pina colada!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views