OT- Lost my job today

mareacuda
on 5/16/11 12:22 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 I didn't need this 4 months before our wedding, that's for certain!

I was working for a friend and things were going so-so. She is bipolar and often made horrible mean comments to me (ie: told me once when I came in sick "not to come in without makeup on") things like that. I was definitely frustrated, but still did my best. 

It has put a rain cloud over me, but I won't let it get me down. I have enough connections to get working quick (I HOPE... LOL) and hopefully it's a job I LOVE and in a place where I am not belittled and worked to death :-) 

Oh, and to make it SLIGHTLY on topic, I do not have any desire to drown my sorrows in Cheetos or Ben and Jerry's.... I call that a VICTORY! LOL
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
BuckeyeGirl
on 5/16/11 12:26 pm - TN
Here's hoping this is just a stepping stone towards something bigger and better!

Best of luck!
Lindsey

StepN2ANewLife
on 5/16/11 12:32 pm - AR
 I'm praying that you rebound quickly!! Be encouraged! 

*Never Let a Dark Past, Cloud a Bright Future*

http://free2bme4eternity.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel: XxFemTationxX
sleeve genie
on 5/16/11 12:40 pm - Alhambra, CA
So sorry this happened to you but i 'm a believer in everything happens for a reason,  and when a door closes a window opens, so i will be expecting a much better job in your future.   And i'm so proud of you not letting this knock you sideways,  Keep up the great work you are doing and keep planning your wedding.   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

mareacuda
on 5/16/11 1:14 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 Thanks everyone! I realized today how much I rely on everyones support and advice here... You guys are AWESOME :) 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
thethinme
on 5/16/11 1:26 pm - NY
I was devastated when I lost my job in Oct 08, but now I realize it was for the best. Things always happen for a reason although we only see it later. Beautiful things will come your way, you will see. Be happy about getting married, it's much more important than a job ;) (this coming from someone who has always put her career in 1st place).

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 3:12 pm

Good luck with your job search.  And, I am very proud of you not turning to food to work out the stress!  That IS MAJOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel for you working with someone who is bi-polar.  I have a close family member who is and it is just devastating to try to please someone with that illness.  You feel like you are trying to empty a sinking ship with a thimble.

You will be in my prayers, sweetie!  You are going to get anothr job, and I really do hope and pray that it is with kind, understanding, professional people!

Best wishes,
Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views